Bactrim (co-trimoxazole) 200 Mg

How can I prevent recurrence of MRSA infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 49-year-old woman and last month I was hospitalized with a necrotizing soft tissue infection on my thigh. I had two debridement surgeries and was discharged after 5 days. I was treated with about 4 IV antibiotics. I do not remember them all, I recall seeing Vancomycin and Penicill...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahwish D Abbasi

General Practitioner, Family Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com, I am sorry for what you have had to go through. As you previously did not have MRSA strains, it is possible that now you have hospital-acquired strains in your blood. It is a superbug and superdifficult to treat as it is resistant to drugs of choice so you have get cult...  Read Full »

Treatment for losing protein in the urine

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is losing protein in the urine. The result is ++. She usually remains tired and also has pain in some part of the body like back pain or head pain. She also has a lot of black pigmentation marks on her body. Is pigmentation marks cause any serious problem? Can you please tell me ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Protein in urine can be due to a nephrotic syndrome which could be due to many causes. Blood pressure, blood albumin level, and random blood sugar should be measured. Her urine test shows some pus cells (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest using...  Read Full »

How can I manage Chlamydia infection causing burning in penis?

Query: Hello doctor,A few months ago, I got Chlamydia infection. I did the treatment and it is gone. But not totally. I still feel the burning in my penis. Some days it is strong and some days I do not feel much. I do not have a visible secretion but some symptoms are still there.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Burning sensation while urinating could be due to many causes like urinary tract infection, urethral exposure to irritants like soap, the presence of salts like urate or oxalate salts in urine, exposure to trauma or local fungal infection in the urethra. In order to fi...  Read Full »

My Klebsiella count is high. Is it of concern?

Query: Hello doctor, I am feeling a discomfort sensation in the urine bladder (I feel like passing urine every time) since the last one and a half months. USG and urine route are all normal but culture seems positive. Please let me know whether blood culture report is also normal. No fever and no issue i...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached files thoroughly (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In my opinion, we should clear the Klebsiella infection first and then watch for improvement. First, I would like to know if you have increased frequency. In order to cle...  Read Full »