Q. Is there a permanent solution for bad breath?

Dr. Prerna Jain
This is a premium question & answer published on May 30, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 03, 2021

I am suffering from bad breath. Bad smell prevails after I brush my teeth or clean my tongue. I want to get rid of it. Is there any permanent solution?

#

• Despite brushing well, there is some deposit of tartar (calculus) and plaque over a period. You should get a regular clean up (scaling - once a year) done by a dentist.
  • Another common reason can be due to cavities. For that, a checkup is necessary and need fillings.
  • Once these reasons are ruled out, if bad breath persists, then we need to consider other systemic factors.
  • Meanwhile, you can regularly use Colgate Plax or Listerine mouthwash twice a day along with brushing twice a day.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|