Q. My mouth stinks very badly. What shall I do?

Dr. Tooba Qazi
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 13, 2014 and last reviewed on: Nov 20, 2018

My mouth stinks very badly. What shall I do?

#

• Get a full mouth scaling done from a dentist.
  • Start using antibacterial mouthwash (example: Listerine) twice daily for two weeks. This is the best for stinking mouth (bad breath/ halitosis).
  • Another method for curing bad breath is saline mouth rinse. Take a small cup of lukewarm water and add a quarter teaspoon of salt in it and rinse thrice daily for 10 days.

You must get the cause identified. Treating the root cause will give a permanent solution for bad breath.

If the halitosis remains even after the use of mouthwash for two weeks, consult a dentist online for further treatment.

|