Q. Why am I having bad breath problem even after scaling?

Answered by Dr. Bindia and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Bad Breath or Dental Scaling? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I went to the dentist because I am having bad breath problem whole day from last eight years. This bad breath is also there after brushing. The doctor did scaling and polishing and gave me a mouthwash (Chlorhexidine gluconate solution) but it did not work. I am still having bad breath. One of the dentist suggested me to go for ENT. When I wake up in the morning my mouth smells very very bad, then after brushing also my mouth start smelling after few minutes, brushing two times a day did not make any effect on my bad breath. My friends say you have unusual smell in your mouth because of which I am not able to talk with anyone. This unpleasant smell is not for some time, it is the whole day. Do not know why. Please help me. X-ray paranasal sinuses were done and ENT specialist said everything is fine.