Q. I suffer from tension headaches, tight neck and jaw muscles, and feel off-balance. Please help.

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Hi, hope you are well. I have been struggling with disequilibrium/off balance feeling for a few years now. Never fell. I went to an ENT and had a examination which ruled out bppv as well as an MRI of my brain and ears to rule out any organic causes. All came back normal. I do suffer from tension headaches in the sub-occipital region, tight neck and jaw muscles. I do grind my teeth in my sleep. Could this be caused by my suboccipital muscles? What would be my best course of action. This feeling has started to cause anxiety. Please advise. Thank you in advance.

#

I read your concern..

In my opinion you would had have a upper cervical problem.. Could be aspondylosis or degeneration of vertebra with dysfunction.. Nothing to worry..

All you need to get is properly assessed for the concrete diagnosis.. And work with a good physio for proper mobilisation and rehabilitation... Things wills settle down.. Nothing to worry..

As you have clearence of all other major structure well being... Couple of rehab exercises will help you live a quality life with our discomfort and giddiness

As you told Tension headache is also a indicator of cervicigenic involvement.. So success in your case would be much more higher.. Can have a assessment of temperomandibular joint to rule out its secondary involvement... So that one or two extra exercises will help you keep it healthy as well..

Hope this answers your query.. Kindly revert back to me incase you need any further questions... Wishing youbl a speedy recovery...

|