Q. Kindly suggest me good diet to bring back my fluctuated vitals to the normal range.

Dr. Zubayeralam

I started dieting two weeks ago. I ate less than half of my normal capacity. I ended up having frequent headaches and lightheadedness after dieting. Yesterday my pulse dropped to 35 beats per minute, and I had to visit an emergency room immediately. They checked my vitals twice with three to four minutes time interval. And the readings of my blood pressure were 60/36 mmHg and 158/108 mmHg. I also had an EKG. It showed PVC, and they referred me to a cardiologist, prescribed Amlodipine and Benazepril, and sent me home. My investigations showed abnormal liver values, which they did not mention.

Kindly help me know whether my diet is the reason for my vitals to fluctuate. And also suggest me a good diet to bring my vitals back to normal range.

Thanks.

#

Thank you for the query, and I can understand your concern.

According to your statement, you have been suffering from headaches, high blood pressure, low pulse, and alterations of vital signs.

According to your investigation reports, your total bilirubin is 1.2 mg/dL (normal range is 0.2 to 1.0 mg/dL), SGOT (serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase) is 51 U/L (normal range is 15 to 37 U/L) as well as SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase) is 135 U/L (normal range is 16 to 61 U/L). Both SGPT and SGOT are above the normal range (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity).

If you take calories less than your requirements, it may cause electrolyte and fluid imbalances. Fluid and electrolyte imbalances may cause headaches, PVC (premature ventricular contractions), and alterations of vital signs. The blood glucose levels can drop due to intake of fewer calories that is known as hypoglycemia, and it can cause headache, PVC, and alterations of vital signs. Headache is a common side effect or complication of dieting.

As you have already started to take beta-blockers, according to your doctor's advice, elevated liver enzymes may be resulted from taking beta-blockers.

|