Q. I have pain and itching in the penis with a little blood during intercourse. Kindly help.

Dr. Zubayeralam

For the last week, I have itching and pain in my penis, and also, during the intercourse, some blood came from the inside skin. I think there is some cut or injury that happened in the penis. Now it is very uncomfortable. I have to adjust my penis to a comfortable position every time. And also, there is too much itching inside the penis. Some red spots are also there.

#

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from redness, itching, and soreness on the head of penis or the glans penis.

According to the picture provided here (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you may suffer from balanitis, which is the inflammation of glans penis caused by fungus, bacteria or viral infections, poor hygiene, minor trauma frictions, sexually transmitted diseases, allergens or irritants etc.

Some investigations like Urine R/M/E and C/S, urethral or prostatic swab for C/S, biopsy from the affected area of the penis, etc., may help confirm the diagnosis treat them accordingly.

In the meantime, you can apply antifungal cream like Clotrimazole and corticosteroids like Hydrocortisone cream and take antihistamines orally may help to subside your present sufferings.

I want to consult a doctor physically, then which specialty doctor should I consult. And please advised some medicine name.

#

You can consult with a sexologist or dermatologist regarding this issue. I think you will get Clotrimazole and Hydrocortisone cream easily in their band name. You can take or apply the medication as follows.

1. Cloben, Candid V, Canesten, Kansel cream apply locally twice or thrice daily.

2. Acucort, Alcort, Anacort, or Bioson cream, apply locally twice daily.

|