The head of my penis is swollen. I have redness in my penis and itchiness which wakes me up in the night. Now the itchiness is getting better. But I am worried if it is something serious. I have no problem urinating.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
From the attached picture (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), it looks like you have developed an allergic reaction since the area is red and small bumps along with swelling are present.
You can do the following-
1. Avoid wearing tight garments, as it would lead to reduced friction, allow the area to breathe.
2. Apply a soothing lotion like Calamine over the area twice or thrice a day. You may also require an antiallergic (antihistamine) medication that you can get from your doctor.
3. Mild steroid lotion applied for 4 to 5 days over the external surface can also prevent allergic symptoms.
4. Use a gentle cleanser to wash the area. Dry with a soft cloth to avoid any friction.
5. Maintain hygiene and change bedsheets, towels regularly.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. to have a post-traumatic micro-inflammation causing self-inforcing pain. It is good that you have consulted a urologist. The penis is an organ densely packed with small important blood vessels and nerves. I give you a therapeutic approach with med... Read fullWhy do I have a drop of blood discharging from my penis?
.. urine should be evaluated properly by blood reports and imaging. You require complete blood count, creatinine, serum electrolytes and ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis. It could be stone or infection but you need to get the above reports done. For... Read fullChymoral forte taken for edema in legs resulted in penile swelling. Kindly help.
.. Your father has swelling above the penis which is reduced after passing urine. Recently he took Chymoral forte. No urinary issues like dribbling or thinning of stream. Alright, I actually appreciate if I could see the picture of the swelling. Bu... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dermatologist Now