Q. I have tight foreskin with white residue and burning sensation. Kindly help.

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

I have a sensitive penis for months. The foreskin does not retract smoothly, and there are some white smelly things insides the foreskin. Recently, there is a burning sensation, and I cannot locate the exact area. It is burning of the urethra as well as it seems the whole penis. I cannot sit continuously with that burning sensation. There is itchiness in the genital area. Burning sensation is also near the anal opening.

#

Are you a diabetic? Do you have a relation with multiple partners? I have gone through the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The image shows balanitis. Usually, it is seen after bacterial or candidal infection. It is most common in diabetic patients (candida) and multi-sex partners (bacterial). Also, please send me an image of the genital or perianal region to detect any fungal infection.

Use Clotrimazole twice a day locally for one week and take tablet Fluconazole 150 mg once a week for five weeks. Get it done fasting and postprandial blood sugar. Also, complete blood picture and urine examination and culture.

Please review with reports or consult your physician. He will examine and treat you accordingly.

I am neither diabetic nor having sexual activities with multiple partners. No sexual partner for the past four years. It suddenly started one month back. I did my fasting blood sugar test yesterday, and it came out to be 89. My PP value is 120. Kindly let me know further. Can Clotrimazole be directly applied in the glans inside the foreskin?

#

Good, your blood sugar is under control. Yes, Clotrimazole will come in gel form and not cream form. You can apply directly on glans no problem. Please let me know after a week. Also, get it done urethral swab and urine culture sensitivity.

You may apply Dermadew aloe cream twice a day for the perianal region because the image shows dermatitis probably due to allergy or due to chemicals like soap or deodorant, etc.

Please review after one week.

|