Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I have tight foreskin with white residue and burning sensation. Kindly help.

Answered by
Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 12, 2020

Hello doctor,

I have a sensitive penis for months. The foreskin does not retract smoothly, and there are some white smelly things insides the foreskin. Recently, there is a burning sensation, and I cannot locate the exact area. It is burning of the urethra as well as it seems the whole penis. I cannot sit continuously with that burning sensation. There is itchiness in the genital area. Burning sensation is also near the anal opening.



Welcome to

Are you a diabetic? Do you have a relation with multiple partners? I have gone through the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The image shows balanitis. Usually, it is seen after bacterial or candidal infection. It is most common in diabetic patients (candida) and multi-sex partners (bacterial). Also, please send me an image of the genital or perianal region to detect any fungal infection.

Use Clotrimazole twice a day locally for one week and take tablet Fluconazole 150 mg once a week for five weeks. Get it done fasting and postprandial blood sugar. Also, complete blood picture and urine examination and culture.

Please review with reports or consult your physician. He will examine and treat you accordingly.

Thank you doctor,

I am neither diabetic nor having sexual activities with multiple partners. No sexual partner for the past four years. It suddenly started one month back. I did my fasting blood sugar test yesterday, and it came out to be 89. My PP value is 120. Kindly let me know further. Can Clotrimazole be directly applied in the glans inside the foreskin?



Welcome back to

Good, your blood sugar is under control. Yes, Clotrimazole will come in gel form and not cream form. You can apply directly on glans no problem. Please let me know after a week. Also, get it done urethral swab and urine culture sensitivity.

You may apply Dermadew aloe cream twice a day for the perianal region because the image shows dermatitis probably due to allergy or due to chemicals like soap or deodorant, etc.

Please review after one week.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Can lower abdominal pain occur after unprotected sex?

I consulted the previous doctor again over phone and she advised me a dose of Doxycycline for 14 days and Azithromycin for six days ... The foreskin was a little tight after I stopped the Doxycycli...   Read full

Can I use Hydrozole for jock itch?

.. of Hydrocortisone and Clotrimazole) cream contains steroid and should not be used as a treatment for jock itch (fungal infection of the groin). You will experience temporary relief while using it but your condition will aggravate once you stop usi...   Read full

Would excess of Amphetamine cause burning sensation of penis?

.. and do not worry. I think there is no relation about your past habit of Amphetamines and present burning in urethra. The burning pain of the urethra may be due to subclinical infection, which is not detected in urine test that you had. Did you ha...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Why am I having itching and irritation near genital area?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from heavy itching and irritation in the area between thighs near genital area and asshole area. Currently, I am using Candid B lotion and Clotrimazole cream.  Read Full »

I have inflammation and small red bumps on the penis after sex and masturbation. Is this balanitis?

Query: Hello doctor,I have inflammation of the penis head and small red bumps on the outer edge of the penis after sex and masturbation. The bumps occur and disappear after a few days. I have been using antifungal cream for about a month and also took antibiotics. It looks like it has vanished but occurs b...  Read Full »

My foreskin is torn and it hurts while masturbating. Is it due to balanitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am perhaps suffering from balanitis. The foreskin is torn at some places and it hurts too much to pull the skin back. Some white substance is accumulating every day under the head of the penis. What to do? To be honest, it hurts while masturbation. So, I have stopped masturbating. B...  Read Full »

Also Read

Sinusitis - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
Sinusitis is the infection of the air cavities within the nasal passages. Normally, the healthy sinuses are filled with ...  Read more»
Asthma and Its Rising Incidence
This article explains about asthma and its causes. It also focuses on the benefits of starting early treatment to lead a...  Read more»
Parkinson's Disease: Historical Aspects and Current Treatment Approaches
This article discusses the historical aspects of Parkinsonism and, the evidence based approaches currently available for...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As content published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.