Q. I noticed a red spot on my penis head, that is balanitis. Please guide me.

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

I am an 18-year-old guy (virgin), and a few months ago, I was facing a penis infection, a red spot on my foreskin. After that, I applied Dexoderm Oc plus cream for relief. At that time, it cured but generally, it happens atleast two times a month. Before a week, I noticed a red spot on my penis head, that is balanitis. I do not know why it is happening, but I am very worried about my penis. Please guide me.

#

As you showed in the picture (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), balanitis most likely is due to a fungal infection. Please apply Canesten (Clotrimazole) cream 1% twice daily for a week. I hope it will heal well. Please use a mild soap like baby soap when you shower as sometimes balanitis is also due to a chemical reaction. I hope you will recover soon.

Is this a normal issue or a serious issue? Because it is happening more than once a month. Is there any way to cure this permanently?

#

Do not worry, as this is usually seen after treatment. I hope it will be cured. If you have any issues, please let me know.

|