Q. What shall I do for allergy on the head of the penis?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 03, 2020

I have some kind of allergy on the head of my penis. Please tell me how to resolve it and which doctor should I consult. My age is 25. I did not consult any doctor before this. I do catch a cold in a month or two and I skip my diet many days. I saw this allergy a month ago when my girlfriend got tonsillitis after having oral sex. She said it was because of this. It has still not resolved, I thought it as nothing much and it is in the same manner since then. I do wash it regularly and I use to masturbate too much.

#

• It appears that either you have contact dermatitis or balanitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • Sometimes, condoms are the source of contact allergy or if you have used soap or lotions or any other agent for masturbation. Did you use anything?
  • Also, friction can very easily cause this problem.
  • Other information I need is regarding your sexual history; do you had one partner or more than one? Did you have any discharge from the penis? If yes, then what was the color?
  • Have you felt any lumps in your groin? The tonsillitis for your girlfriend could be due to your penile infection if it is gonorrhea or chlamydia. Did you ever have STDs?

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

While masturbation I did not use anything, but I do was it with a soap. I normally lie against the bed and masturbate. Also, excessive masturbation often results in loose motion. Sometimes, I do not use a condom while having sex and in the past, I had relationships with other personal but did not have sexual intercourse and it was four to five years ago. I do not have any lumps and no STD as far I know.

#

• Thank you for the detail information. Please tell me about any recent penile discharge?
  • I do understand that you did not have STI (sexually transmitted infection) in the past. Pending the above information here is my thought process.

Balanitis.

HIV test, urine chlamydia and gonorrhea test and RPR (rapid plasma reagin).

I suggest the following treatment. Consult a local dermatologist, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
1. Apply 1% Hydrocortisone cream in the affected area twice daily.
2- Tablet Augmentin 1 g (combination of Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) twice daily for five days. Please make sure that you are not allergic to Penicillin.

Safe sex practices.

Revert back with the answer to the above question to an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

No discharge as I noticed and after masturbating it is white and sometimes yellow in color like urine.

#

• Thank you for sharing the information and it was very important. Please use the same treatment as discussed earlier and if you can get the blood test would be great.
  • Please avoid masturbation for the next few weeks if possible to allow early healing. Meanwhile, do not have oral sex. The friction is making it worse.

Revert back with the blood investigations to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I had applied the cream on the tip of my penis. I woke up in the middle of the night and went to the washroom to pee. Then, it started burning too much. Is that normal? I applied it, but the skin covers the head of the penis sometimes. Will the cream effect in that case?

#

• Apply it on the surrounding not directly on the opening. Please reduce the strength of the steroid cream to 0.5% Hydrocortisone cream.
  • Another option I suggest mixing the half amount that you used already with the same amount of Petroleum jelly (1:1 ratio) and spread it on the affected area, but again not at the opening of the penis.
  • I think you are very sensitive to the cream. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and get the dose altered.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|