Q. I have white patches on the skin under my foreskin. What could it be?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

I have white patches on the skin under my foreskin.

#

Thanks for contacting us.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

As per the available details in the form of a query and attached picture (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), it seems that you are suffering from balanoposthitis. This is characterized by inflammation of the foreskin and glans penis. My opinion is based on the fact that the foreskin appears inflamed and the appearance of white exudates on the affected area.

This is often caused by a variety of reasons, such as bacterial infections, fungal infections, or contact dermatitis.

Considering the various causes, it is important to determine the exact cause with appropriate tests (under microscope examination of scrapings), so you are requested to see a doctor in person.

In the meantime, you are requested to maintain hygiene with proper cleaning of the area and avoiding strong soap and related things.

I hope this helps you.

Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.

Thanks and regards.

|