Q. I have a lump on the flap near the vaginal opening. What is it?

Dr. Afifa Nighat

Hello!

I am 19 years old. I’m kind of struggling because I’m scared to tell my mom but I have this kind of lump or pimple like on my labia majora (if i am right) but its on the flap near my vagina opening. It’s been i think two weeks since I first noticed it. Before it was just small, now it grew a bit and i guess it gets contracted once given pressure like when pooping. I haven’t had sex for months now. It was all of a sudden. What could be the cause? Is it possible to be a hemorrhoid? What can I do for home remedies since I couldn’t go out? Is hot compress good? Thank you. I’m really scared.

#

hello

welcome to icliniq!

hope you're doing well!

I have read all details which you mentioned , it suggests that you're having Bartholin cyst, which occurs due to blockage of bartholin glands. Bartholin glands lubricate vaginal and vulvar areas. If it is less than 3cm and not causing any pain then the best is soaking of the genital area with warm compresses or with sitz baths. It will eventually be drained.

If it's painful , use tab: Panadol for pain relief as needed . Or else if it is >3cm then it will need incision and drainage or marsupialization . It's better to keep an eye on the lesion and share the details with your mother so that she can book an appointment for you with surgeon/ gynaecologist.Stay blessed

duct blockage

none

Vulval mass/ cyst/ abcess

Bartholin Cyst

1. Tab: Panadol 500mg per oral thrice daily as needed for pain and fever
2. Tab: Augmentin 625mg per oral thrice daily for 5 days then stop
3. Soaking of the genital area with warm compresses or with sitz baths thrice daily

1. keep the area clean

as needed

|