Q. I have a small painful bump on labia minora. Kindly help.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

A small bump is raised on the skin on the top of labia minora. It is red, painful and I am applying Fucidin and warm compresses on it. It appeared after wearing tight pants. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatology Venereology
#

Do not worry. I will help you with your concern. It seems you have developed folliculitis on labia. It could be any cyst also. I need to see this bump so please share a photo to assess the lesion and suggest you treatment accordingly.

| 

I did my best to take a decent photo. I also took Advil to relief and it helped.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatology Venereology
#

Thank you for sharing the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It seems you have developed Bartholin's cyst. Bartholin's cyst is a type of cyst which occurs due to blockage of Bartholin's gland present on the labia. Take tablet Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg one tablet after lunch and one tablet after dinner for seven days. Continue Fucidin cream (Fusidic acid cream).

Take tablet Ibuprofen once daily after food for three days if you have pain. Also, sit in warm water in bathtub that can cause spontaneous rupture of the cyst. This will treat the secondary infection associated with the cyst. But you need to visit a dermatologist in person to get this cyst drained.

|