Q. I am 19 years old. What should I do to grow beard?

Dr. Alka
Published on Oct 23, 2019

I am 19 years old, and I want a beard on my face. What should I do? Please help.

Dr. Alka

#

I read your query. First of all, I want to tell you that beard growth is related to your hormones, mainly testosterone. Sometimes in some men, it took longer to grow a beard. You are still in your teen years. So do not worry and wait for some more years because as you will grow older, you will get more facial hair.

The beard growth also depends on genetics too, so watch out your father and uncles too for their growth. Because some men get full facial hair in the late twenties.

There is no food, supplement, or vitamin to increase the beard. So beware of these kinds of ads or supplements.

Some people use testosterone gels or testosterone pills to increase their beard, but in the long run, these things have potential side effects.

My suggestion to you is wait for some more years because you already have some facial hair and they will increase with time, so you do not have to worry.

After some years, if you do not get as many hairs as you want, then you can opt-out for facial hair transplant. But do not do it so early because you are too young and you will get your beard to grow naturally after some years.

Failure of gonads or testes in men.

Serum testosterone, FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone), LH (luteinizing hormone), Prolactin levels.

After two months.

Is it necessary to shave beard before a general anesthesia?

Query: Hello doctor,I am scheduled next week for out-patient surgery to have a malignant tumor removed from my bladder via a catheter inserted into my urethra. Before that, the anesthesiologist will administer a general anesthetic as well as a muscle-relaxant to keep me from kicking when under. The procedu...  Read Full >>

Dr. Yatish Anant Jadhav
Anesthesiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. That is worth a concern for both for your anesthesiologist and you too. Let me elaborate it to you. General anesthesia involves making a person unconscious and making him totally relaxed by giving a medication called muscle relaxant. With unconsciousness and muscle rela...  Read Full

What can cause less dense beard?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. My height is 5'8" and weight is 63 kg. I am currently not using any kind of medicine. My beard is not growing completely and I notice less growth on my mustache. Please help me.  Read Full >>

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two main causes of decreased beard hairs: Genetic.  Hormonal imbalance. We cannot do anything more in genetics case, but we definitely can rectify the endocrinology cause. So, you need to go for a few investigations such as serum free testosterone, serum DHEAS ...  Read Full

What can be done to grow full beard on cheeks and chin?

Query: Hello doctor, I cannot grow beards on my cheeks but moustache and beard near chin grow properly, what can be done to grow full beard? Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Shreyansh Talesra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is very common not to have full grown beard. As you have mentioned you have hair on chin and moustache but not on cheeks, you can consider meeting an endocrinologist and get your hormones laboratory test done. This is just to ensure that you do not have any ho...  Read Full

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now