Q. I am 19 years old. What should I do to grow beard?

Dr. Alka

I am 19 years old, and I want a beard on my face. What should I do? Please help.

Dr. Alka

#

I read your query. First of all, I want to tell you that beard growth is related to your hormones, mainly testosterone. Sometimes in some men, it took longer to grow a beard. You are still in your teen years. So do not worry and wait for some more years because as you will grow older, you will get more facial hair.

The beard growth also depends on genetics too, so watch out your father and uncles too for their growth. Because some men get full facial hair in the late twenties.

There is no food, supplement, or vitamin to increase the beard. So beware of these kinds of ads or supplements.

Some people use testosterone gels or testosterone pills to increase their beard, but in the long run, these things have potential side effects.

My suggestion to you is wait for some more years because you already have some facial hair and they will increase with time, so you do not have to worry.

After some years, if you do not get as many hairs as you want, then you can opt-out for facial hair transplant. But do not do it so early because you are too young and you will get your beard to grow naturally after some years.

Failure of gonads or testes in men.

Serum testosterone, FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone), LH (luteinizing hormone), Prolactin levels.

After two months.

|