Behavioral Disturbances

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Does passing stools in underwear without knowing a psychological issue?

Query: Hi doctor, My son age is 8 years old. His weight is 25 kg and height 135 cm. He has problem of passing stool in his underwear for the last 6 to 7 months. He is doing this without knowing it. He suffered with the same kind of problem last year for three months and it got cured. But, that medicine did...  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I saw the attached files and your child's history (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your child has encopresis (involuntary fecal soiling) and probably he might also be having constipation. The standard treatment is dietary modification. I believe you know ...  Read Full »

Will schizophrenic patients with imaginary thinking tend to hurt themselves?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner is schizophrenic. She is not medicated because she does not have health insurance. For the past five days, she has been talking to herself thinking she is having a conversation with others. For the last two days, she has been having episodes thinking that the imaginary p...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda


Answer: Hello, Welcome to Yes, those are symptoms of schizophrenia. It happens due to a chemical imbalance of certain neurotransmitters in the brain. Levels of dopamine are usually increased and medicines will help reduce the level and get it back to normal and restore the balance. Medicines ...  Read Full »

I lie a lot about stupid things. Should I consult a doctor?

Query: Hi doctor,My mom wants to take me to a doctor, because she thinks I need help. But, I told her I am fine and refused to go. I started to wonder whether I really do have a problem. She started telling me I needed help because I would just lie about something stupid instead of telling the truth. Also,...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Parents should be able to assess children's behavior changes and negatives much better than anyone else, because they observe keenly throughout the child's life. But, there could be some bias came out of comparing with others. Lying is definitely a behavioral problem whic...  Read Full »

How to eliminate phobia for terrorists?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently my child seems to have developed phobia for terrorist. She is just 4 years old. I did not know how really she even came to know about the word terrorist. Now, she remains afraid for most of the day and night. She thinks that they are going to come to her. She does not like to go...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Child's mind is very delicate and easily moldable. Subtle things can cause drastic and unexpected effect on them, which we cannot even predict at times. In your case, it is quite easily observable to you. It is good that you could recognize this change in her behavi...  Read Full »

How to help an alcoholic?

Query: Hi doctor, This is query is about my brother-in-law, who is 38 year old now. He got married before seven years and has a child aged 6 years. He is working in a reputed company. He drinks a lot. Over the last few months, especially last fortnight onward he kept on threatening my sister that he will ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to, answer a few questions, so I would be able to come with some diagnosis. Does his behavior changes suddenly? How was he before that? Let me know if he shows symptoms like an increase in activity, energy and speech productivity. How are his sleep and appetite? D...  Read Full »

Is the behavioral changes in my child due to antiepileptic drugs?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 3 years 9 months now. He has been diagnosed with benign childhood epilepsy. He is taking Clobazam 15 mg at night and Topiramate 100 mg per day for last four months. His seizures are under control and he attends LKG. The issue is that he is not able to concentrate in his studies...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi Welcome to I have read your question in detail. The initial dose of Topiramate is 1 mg/kg/day which is gradually increased to 5-10 mg/kg/day. Your child is getting 100 mg Topiramate which is around 6 mg/kg/day. So, the dosage of Topiramate is correct. There are some side effects ...  Read Full »

My mom gets hyper for no reason. What could be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother gets hyper for no reason. She keeps repeating things over and over again. She gets too upset easily. She has a high blood pressure, thyroid problems, as well as migraine. But, she takes medicines only for her thyroid issues. Can you tell me what she should do?  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunadh M Nair

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Symptoms you described could be part of a depressive disorder. It is difficult to confirm with out knowing more details. What is her age? Is she under any kind of stress? Since when do you observe these behavioral changes? How is her sleep? Is she dull most ...  Read Full »

How to deal with a person obsessed over a girl?

Query: Hello doctor, My 26 year old son has a very volatile open relationship with a girl and they are basically friends with benefits. Her family does not like my son and forbids his access to their home. Due to some situations we got to know that she is seeing someone else too. As a result of which, th...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to It is better that you are concerned about your son and you want to keep your family together. It is a good sign for a healthy family support. Though from your account it seems that your son have a risk taking behavior, which is evident as he repeatedly get involved in ...  Read Full »

How to solve my daughter's behavioral issues?

Query: Hi doctor, My 7 year old daughter started behaving strangely for the last two months.  She started feeling something that stuck in her throat and she cannot swallow. Then, she said that all foods are junk and would ask whether a particular food can be taken after another food, etc. For example, Can...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Your daughter seems to be having some symptoms of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). But, before proceeding to the diagnosis, I want to know if she had any fits in the past or any history of headache, blurred vision, vomiting, fever, etc. Has she been suffering from f...  Read Full »

My 15 year old son shows a lot of anger and aggressiveness. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My 15 year old son is showing a lot of anger and aggressiveness. Please see his attached files for the details. I want your second opinion. I need your opinion on the possible treatment of my son to reduce his extreme angriness, lack of patience, and restlessness. His exams are around...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar


Answer: Hello,Welcome to have seen all the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).I would like to know a more detailed history about your son:Since when is he having such behavior?You also mentioned that he is very sincere about his study and his behavior is normal, ...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.