Behavioral Disturbances

How to eliminate phobia for terrorists?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently my child seems to have developed phobia for terrorist. She is just 4 years old. I did not know how really she even came to know about the word terrorist. Now, she remains afraid for most of the day and night. She thinks that they are going to come to her. She does not like to go...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Child's mind is very delicate and easily moldable. Subtle things can cause drastic and unexpected effect on them, which we cannot even predict at times. In your case, it is quite easily observable to you. It is good that you could recognize this change in her behavi...  Read Full »

How to help an alcoholic?

Query: Hi doctor, This is query is about my brother-in-law, who is 38 year old now. He got married before seven years and has a child aged 6 years. He is working in a reputed company. He drinks a lot. Over the last few months, especially last fortnight onward he kept on threatening my sister that he will ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.First, answer a few questions, so I would be able to come with some diagnosis. Does his behavior changes suddenly? How was he before that? Let me know if he shows symptoms like an increase in activity, energy and speech productivity. How are his sleep and appetite? D...  Read Full »

Is the behavioral changes in my child due to antiepileptic drugs?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 3 years 9 months now. He has been diagnosed with benign childhood epilepsy. He is taking Clobazam 15 mg at night and Topiramate 100 mg per day for last four months. His seizures are under control and he attends LKG. The issue is that he is not able to concentrate in his studies...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question in detail. The initial dose of Topiramate is 1 mg/kg/day which is gradually increased to 5-10 mg/kg/day. Your child is getting 100 mg Topiramate which is around 6 mg/kg/day. So, the dosage of Topiramate is correct. There are some side effects ...  Read Full »

My mom gets hyper for no reason. What could be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother gets hyper for no reason. She keeps repeating things over and over again. She gets too upset easily. She has a high blood pressure, thyroid problems, as well as migraine. But, she takes medicines only for her thyroid issues. Can you tell me what she should do?  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunadh M Nair

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Symptoms you described could be part of a depressive disorder. It is difficult to confirm with out knowing more details. What is her age? Is she under any kind of stress? Since when do you observe these behavioral changes? How is her sleep? Is she dull most ...  Read Full »

How to deal with a person obsessed over a girl?

Query: Hello doctor, My 26 year old son has a very volatile open relationship with a girl and they are basically friends with benefits. Her family does not like my son and forbids his access to their home. Due to some situations we got to know that she is seeing someone else too. As a result of which, th...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is better that you are concerned about your son and you want to keep your family together. It is a good sign for a healthy family support. Though from your account it seems that your son have a risk taking behavior, which is evident as he repeatedly get involved in ...  Read Full »

How to solve my daughter's behavioral issues?

Query: Hi doctor, My 7 year old daughter started behaving strangely for the last two months.  She started feeling something that stuck in her throat and she cannot swallow. Then, she said that all foods are junk and would ask whether a particular food can be taken after another food, etc. For example, Can...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your daughter seems to be having some symptoms of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). But, before proceeding to the diagnosis, I want to know if she had any fits in the past or any history of headache, blurred vision, vomiting, fever, etc. Has she been suffering from f...  Read Full »

My 15 year old son shows a lot of anger and aggressiveness. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My 15 year old son is showing a lot of anger and aggressiveness. Please see his attached files for the details. I want your second opinion. I need your opinion on the possible treatment of my son to reduce his extreme angriness, lack of patience, and restlessness. His exams are around...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have seen all the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).I would like to know a more detailed history about your son:Since when is he having such behavior?You also mentioned that he is very sincere about his study and his behavior is normal, ...  Read Full »

How to convince my wife to see a psychiatrist?

Query: Hello doctor,This is regarding my wife. From the past three years, her behavior is very changed. She is always rude to me, gets angry often, becomes violent, uses foul language, throws household items when angry, accuses me of having extra-marital affairs, and threatens to make false allegations a...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This kind of behavior is not normal. However, the reason for such a behavior can be understood once she is evaluated by a psychiatrist in person. These symptoms could be due to psychotic disorders, but it is too early to reach a conclusion.So, take her to a psychiatris...  Read Full »

My 15 year old sister has seizures, and her brain activity is abnormal. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My sister has been having seizures. So, we consulted a doctor, who said she has abnormal brain activity. Her EEG showed abnormal spikes. Currently, she is taking Levipil 1000,  twice a day. What is going on with my sister? No one is explaining anything, and the medication is affecti...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and understand your concerns. Regarding seizures, Levipil (Levetiracetam) is a good option for treatment of seizure disorder, and I think your doctor has taken the right decision. Now regarding the behavioral changes that you mentioned, I woul...  Read Full »

My 2.4 years old son has not started talking, and he does not chew food. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 2.4 years old. He has still not started talking. He also does not follow instructions; hence it is very difficult to make him sit and teach him how to talk. He does not even follow us when we talk to him or try to make him learn or focus. He rarely responds to his name, when ...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, I have a few queries. I am unable to make out if the hearing of your child is normal or not. This seems to be the most likely problem I feel. Because you have mentioned that he loves to watch and listen to songs, please make sure that the child is abl...  Read Full »