Behcet’s Disease

How to get rid of painful anal ulcers?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from anal ulcers for four months now. I was diagnosed with SIBO last year, which was treated with antibiotics, and now experiencing ulcers in the rectum, which are very painful. I have been tested for ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease, which came back negative. I have...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Painful ulceration over the anal and perianal area plus around the nose and mouth suggests some possibilities. Zinc deficiency, Vitamin B complex deficiency, Folic acid deficiency, Behcet disease, Veneral disease (for which you have tested such as syphilis). Inflamma...  Read Full »

Why do I keep getting mouth ulcers?

Query: Hi doctor,I get mouth ulcers several times a year.And it is painful and causes difficulty while having food.Should I go for any checkup? Is it because of any deficiency?Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Do understand that a mouth ulcer can be very bothersome. They can occur due to multiple reasons. The cause can be as simple as some minerals deficiency to certain systemic diseases. If this is repeatedly happening, it requires further evaluati...  Read Full »

Do my symptoms suggest celiac disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I have always had weird symptoms and I think I have celiac disease. I also think that the combination of all my symptoms may mean something. I was tested once for thyroid problems and once for Lyme disease because I had a big, dangerous tick-bite rash. I am 19 years old and according t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for sharing your detailed history with us. There is a very strong possibility that you have malabsorption syndrome. There are various types of malabsorption syndromes and celiac disease is one of them. You have signs of multiple essential nutrient d...  Read Full »

Can I undergo surgery for Basal Cell Carcinoma under local anesthesia?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 60 year old healthy female with medically controlled hypertension. I have Behcet’s disease, though mostly under control. I have had various tropical diseases. I also had hepatitis A at childhood, and TB meningitis. I also have scoliosis.  I have been diagnosed BCC (Basal...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should ask your surgeon the reason behind giving general anaesthesia in your case. Basal cell carcinoma is a locally invasive tumour with very rare chances of malignancy. The need for general anesthesia can arise when on clinical examination it was found that the...  Read Full »

What would be the differential diagnosis based on the biopsy report of the cheek?

Query: Hello doctor, If the biopsy report of the cheek (buccal mucosa, left) showed chronically inflamed stratified squamous epithelium and underlying fibrous connective tissue which contains a number of irregularly shaped vascular spaces approximately the size of normal capillaries that contain numerous e...  Read Full »

Dr. Smrita Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The current biopsy results are indicative of a lichenoid type of lesion in the buccal mucosa. This type of picture can be seen due to a variety of causes ranging from allergens to systemic drugs, anything causing irritation (like dentures), etc. Though the presence ...  Read Full »

Do you have any idea about my undiagnosed flares?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having undiagnosed flares for the past five years. The symptoms are usually similar, but during each flare I have a few different ones that seem to take the lead. They almost always start with pain in my legs. First it starts with shin, then calfs, thighs and butt. The pain u...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry that you have been through so much in such a young age. I am thinking of Behcet's disease, also known as Behcet's syndrome. It is a relatively rare disorder that causes blood vessel inflammation throughout the body. Unfortunately, there are no classical l...  Read Full »