Q. CT scan shows para-aortic lymph node with constant belly bloating. Please explain.

Dr. Harit Kothari

I am suffering from persistent bloating in the upper stomach soon after my ovarian cyst laparoscopic surgery which I underwent before eight months. Today a local doctor suggest a CT scan of the whole abdomen.

In the CT scan it is written that few enlarged lymph nodes are noted in the para-aortic region. The largest lymph node measuring 11 mm in short axis duration.

The rest of the report is normal. The local doctor said it may be a serious issue but I read on the internet that 11 mm lymph node in the para-aortic region is normal size. I am not suffering from any infection, fever, or other problems. Please guide me.

Dr. Harit Kothari

Medical Gastroenterology
#

Do you have any history of weight loss? Any history of blood in stools?

Looking at your CT report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) it is quite normal and that para aortic lymphadenopathy without any symptoms is of no concern. It might be due to some infection.

Hemogram with ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate). CRP (C-reactive protein). UGI endoscopy.

Dyspepsia. Enteritis.

Antibiotics.

Avoid pain killers and spicy fatty meals.

| 

No history of weight loss or blood in stool. In 2016, I was suffering from meningitis brain TB. But the same was cured and confirmed recently (no infection left). Endoscopy report is perfectly normal. But bloating in the upper intestine is persisting since long. I have taken many medicines related to GERD and constipation but not useful. Please guide me.

Dr. Harit Kothari

Medical Gastroenterology
#

I have seen your endoscopy and other reports which were quite normal. As I said it is not of concern, regarding your symptoms it is there due to increased sensitivity of gut.

Functional dyspepsia.

Avoid pain killers and spicy oily food.

After 15 days.

|