Q. Is it possible to have constant bloating, gas, and nausea after an injury?

Dr. Sugreev Singh

I am so bloated all the time. I got squeezed around my ribs hard by a person with their legs. Can you develop a hiatus hernia from that? Because ever since then I have been having severe gas, nausea, and bloating all the time. Is this possible?

Dr. Sugreev Singh

#

Yes, it is possible that you got some injuries, and due to that, you have these symptoms. I cannot exactly say hernia, but some minor injuries can be there. So rule out that first of I would suggest you to a chest x-ray. So. We will see if there is any fracture or injuries. Other reason for this can be gastric acid reflux most probably.

For now, to get rid of acidity and bloating, you can take tab Ranitidine 75 mg twice a day before meal. If there is pain in the abdomen, you can take tablet Cyclopam (Dicyclomine and Paracetamol) once daily when you have pain after meal. If you do not find this combination in your country then take separate tablets with the same dose.

And please get you x-ray done and send me the picture of it. I will go through it and prescribe medicines accordingly. If there are any other symptoms like chest pain, difficulty in breathing, cough with blood, or cough in the sputum then please let me know.

| 

No, it is just some severe gas, belching, and nausea. I never had any gastric problems before until this happen to me 10 years ago. What organ could have been damaged? My bowel movements are fine and normal. No blood in stool. Also, can this be fixed or I have to live with this for the rest of my life?

Dr. Sugreev Singh

#

If it is just gas, then it can be treated with medicine I prescribed. Other organs like liver and lungs can have injury, because lungs are inside the rib case so when the parson pressed there can be some injuries. And also liver as it lies in the right side just below the rib case. So to confirm if there is any fracture in ribs you can do chest x-ray. And also do ultrasound of whole abdomen to check is there any internal injuries.

If the force was not hard enough then possibly there would not be any injuries but as you mentioned you are having symptoms after that press only. That is why I suspect. So you can do these tests and later on you can send me pictures.

And for nausea take tablet Domperidone 10 mg once daily for three days. For acidity, take tablet Ranitidine 75 mg twice daily for five days. Do not take tablet Cyclopam if you do not have pain. Take only when you have abdominal pain. Everything will be fine if it is normal acidity. Along with the medicine avoid oily and fast food. Eat more veggies and fruits.

|