Belly Obesity

Is work out necessary to reduce the belly fat if BMI is 25.4?

Query: Hello doctor, My weight is 65 kg, and my height is 1.6 m. Although my BMI 25.4 is in the margin of normalcy, I have got belly fats. So, I am working out from the past two weeks, and changes are quite unnoticeable. I was wondering, do I really need to lose my weight to lose belly fat or it can happe...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to WHO (World Health Organisation) a revised BMI (body mass index) for normal is 19-22. You need to work out and lose weight to reduce belly fat, as fat accumulated is of adipose tissue work out is necessary. You can take supplements of whey protein along w...  Read Full »

Please suggest methods to reduce belly and body weight.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 46 years old, man. Following are my lifestyle. Limited food, especially at night. (anything only two), weekly 4 to 5 days morning treadmill walk up to 4 km, no fried items, 120 ml of drink daily with salads or egg, two cups of tea daily, weekly one or two times non-vegetarian (e...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanchari Majumder

Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your diet and exercise schedule is fine. If you could avoid drinks it is better to reduce weight quickly. You did not mentioned whether is there any health issue or not. You can take Apple cider vinegar 5 ml (1 tablespoon) mixed with lukewarm water and take before 30 mi...  Read Full »

I am having belly fat after taking antiretrovirals. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am HIV negative and have been taking Truvada and Tivicay now for exactly one month but have stopped. I am pretty regular at the gym and maintain a consistent weight of about 146 to 149. Over the past month, I have gained about 5 lbs. At times my stomach looks pregnant and it is al...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I wanted to ask you whether you had taken Truvada and Tivicay as post-exposure prophylaxis? Belly fat changes which you have developed is one of the side-effect of antiretrovirals which you had taken. The mechanism underlying is not known. As you are not taking medicin...  Read Full »

How can I reduce my stomach belly?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to reduce my stomach belly. I need some suggestion. I have a belly for the past six months.  Read Full »

Dr. Sumaiya Jamil

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The belly fat around the waist can put you at risk of lots of diseases. Anything above 40 inches in men and 36 inches is obesity. Diet: count calories, keep a diary for food you are having daily. To reduce weight you have to cut on carbohydrates and fats. You can increa...  Read Full »

Please explain whether having sex will increase weight in women.

Query: Hi doctor, Does having sex increase estrogen hormone? Will it result in belly fat and sagging breast in women? Is it true or a myth? Please explain.  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All these are false beliefs and let me explain it to you. Whether you have sex or not any lady who puts on weight will have sagging of breast, belly fat, and increase of hormone estrogen. When you have sex, only testosterone hormone is increased in females, which gi...  Read Full »

What could be causing my muscle cramps and heel pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have muscle cramps in the bottom part of my belly or sometimes one one side of the belly since two to three years. I have put on a lot of weight and now have a protruding belly. I am taking Presolar twice a day, Tazloc-H, Modlip 10, Neurobion Forte once a day, and Caldikind sachet...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaveri Dandapani

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first thing I want to address is regarding your weight. I want you to reduce it by 20 kg within a year. Your HbA1c is high. Even though your PPBS (post-prandial blood sugar) is normal, FBS (fasting blood sugar) is slightly high. For this, I want you to go for reg...  Read Full »

I am unable to sustain an erection. Do I have ED?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I think I have ED. I am not able to get erections on thoughts alone. However, I am able to get an erection if I use my hand. Also, I masturbate twice daily in an upside down position. I did not have sex recently but when I had it, I was not able to get an erect...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need a little more history to be of any help. Do you have morning erections? Do you ejaculate during urination? Did you always have this problem or only with a recent partner? For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.c...  Read Full »

I am skinny, but have a big belly. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. My weight is 62 kg and height is 5'10". I am skinny, but I have a big belly. I am following good diet. I do not drink or smoke. I do exercise regularly.  Read Full »

Dr. Mir Osman Ali

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have an excellent question which I am glad to answer. It is nice to see that your height and weight are normal and you have good nutrition. But, you still have a big belly. The common causes are slow metabolism of the body to break down fats, lack of exercise making...  Read Full »

What are the risk factors of chest pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old female. I have on and off sharp pain in the left upper chest. Sometimes, it radiates to the neck and sometimes shoulder and upper arm. My ECG, bloods and chest x-ray were normal. With all these tests, is it likely to be the heart? Movement does not seem to influence th...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have carefully worked through your case and can well realize your health worries. Thanks for uploading the details of some laboratory reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your blood pressure and other parameters seem to be normal. Pain at this site...  Read Full »

Why do I have a big belly?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male. My height is 5'6" and weight is 74 kg. I have a big belly with the rest of my body being a little leaner. I have continuous hunger even after I have had food. After a meal with five roti and a cup of rice, I will feel hungry within an hour or two. I have zero...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com We are here to help you. You seem to be simply suffering from belly obesity that occurs as a result of a sedentary lifestyle. Excessive hunger is just a functional issue, that is since you eat, you get more hunger. It is a habit. Start exercising and join a ...  Read Full »