Q. How can I reduce my belly and body weight?

Dr. Sanchari Majumder
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 04, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I am 46 years old, man. Following are my lifestyle. Limited food, especially at night. (anything only two), weekly 4 to 5 days morning treadmill walk up to 4 km, no fried items, 120 ml of drink daily with salads or egg, two cups of tea daily, weekly one or two times non-vegetarian (except broiler chicken). My problem is I have put on weight by 4 kg (68 to 72) one year before. I need to reduce my belly and weight. Please suggest to me.

#

Your diet and exercise schedule is fine. If you could avoid drinks it is better to reduce weight quickly. You did not mentioned whether is there any health issue or not. You can take Apple cider vinegar 5 ml (1 tablespoon) mixed with lukewarm water and take before 30 minutes of lunch.

No BP or sugar. No other health issues except tiredness, digestion problems (sometimes) and slight pain of hands and legs (sometimes).

#

Take soaked jeera water one glass with one pinch cinnamon powder at early morning empty stomach. Take fruits at mid-morning. Take more water that will be helpful for digestion.

| 

Exercises to Reduce Belly Fat for Females

Article Overview: Owing to a sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits these days, many individuals are becoming grossly overweight. Females especially gain a lot of weight in their belly region and around the hip area. Majority of females these days hardly get time for themselves because of managing work inside as well as outside their houses and hence they develop fat around various areas of their body. We all as women should take care of our bodies as this is the only place that we have actually to live in a day in and day out. Read Article

Dr. Krystel Quadros
Fitness Expert

Owing to a sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits these days, many individuals are becoming grossly overweight. Females especially gain a lot of weight in their belly region and around the hip area. Majority of females these days hardly get time for themselves because of managing work insid...  Read Article

I am unable to sustain an erection. Do I have ED?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I think I have ED. I am not able to get erections on thoughts alone. However, I am able to get an erection if I use my hand. Also, I masturbate twice daily in an upside down position. I did not have sex recently but when I had it, I was not able to get an erect...  Read Full »

Why am I always hungry and thirsty?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old female. My height is 5 feet and 6 inches, and my weight is 160. For the past month, I have been experiencing weight loss, increased hunger, increased thirst, and frequently need to go to the bathroom to pee out large amounts. My skin has become dry. I have also lost...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Dietician Now