Q. Is it necessary to exclusively breastfeed a newborn?

Dr. Uzma Arqam
Published on Apr 16, 2019

Why more mothers are choosing to exclusively breastfeed? Why does it work for them?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Breastfeeding is actually easy if mother has the required amount of milk to fulfill the baby's requirements. Breastfeeding transfer immunity to the baby, prepare his or her body to resist against disease and is sterile as well means no need to prepare it and any arrangements required to prepare it.

It has all the necessary ingredients that are easily digestible by just developing a newborn digestive system. Many enzymes and hormones in early days of life are not established to digest food and even just Cow's milk so in this phase breast milk is the best option for a healthy baby as easily digestible and available.

Breast milk does not need to prepare and to have arrangements for sterile bottles, boiled water as powder mill requires. Breast emptying is necessary to increase milk production and avoid infection or breast engorgement that is why mothers need emptying both breasts properly. Breastfeeding is a natural way of mother and child bonding that is enjoyed by the mother as well as the baby.

| 

How to know whether your breast milk is sufficient for the baby?

Article Overview: Breast milk is a nature's gift to provide the entire nutrition required for a newborn. In this article, I have highlighted the importance of breastfeeding, a few breastfeeding tips and advise to breastfeeding mothers. I have also explained the ways to understand if the breast milk is sufficient for your baby. Read Article

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi
Lactation Counselor

Breast milk is the nutrition which nature has provided and is packed with all that is required for your baby till 6 months of age. Importance of Breastfeeding: A new born healthy baby has to be started on exclusive breastfeeding as early as possible after birth and continued till 6 months of age...  Read Article

Please suggest a good diet to improve the immunity of a 9 months old baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is almost 9 months now. She is gaining good weight and height. What should I include in her diet chart to boost immunity, height and make her complexion bright? Please provide a good dietary solution.  Read Full »

Why is 2 months old baby having decreased urine?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having two months old baby. Since two days I am observing that his diapers are not wet and heavy as they used to be. So I checked his urine output by laying him down without a diaper for five hours and fed him twice with two and a half hours gap between each feed. He peed thrice aft...  Read Full »

Ask a Lactation Counselor Now