Benefits Of Coconut Oil

How to have a clear face without acne?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old. I am suffering from acne. I used to get acne when I was in high school, but there was nothing unusual and it was never a problem. Around two years back, I started getting lots of acne and it is continuing till now. Most of the acne develops on the cheeks. The acne ap...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Microbiologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have examined your photograph (attachments removed to protect patient identity) and noted your details. I see a lot of patients with history and appearance matching that of yours and they all report very good results with the following action plan. Frequent washing of ...  Read Full »

My wife's vagina is too tight during sex and we are using coconut oil. Is there any problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I got married for 1.5 years, and we have been trying for kids for the past one year. Whenever I try to have sex with my wife, it becomes very tight, but then we use coconut oil then it goes easily inside. Is it normal or anything problematic?  Read Full »

Dr. Abhay Vikram Singh

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and will try to help you out. See, reproduction is a complex procedure, but it is as simple because the urge in us makes it easy. What I will suggest you is that do not rush for intercourse. It is a natural process that just flows with it. Sta...  Read Full »

Is coconut oil bad for skin?

Query: Hello doctor, Is coconut oil bad for the skin? A few years ago coconut oil was all the rage. We were told to slather it from head to toe for miraculous benefits. However, lately, it is been getting some backlash thanks to its comedogenic properties. My questions are, What are the pros of using pr...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Coconut oil is extracting traditionally from raw coconut or from dried coconut kernels. It is saturated oil and frequently used in skin, hairs or cooking purposes. This oil has health-promoting properties. It contains several fatty acids that have benefits to skin healt...  Read Full »

Can I use coconut oil for itchy ears?

Query: Hello doctor, I have dryness in the ear and ear itching problem. I had consulted an ENT and he had said that it was a genetic problem. He suggested not to use any ear drops instead advised me to clean it using alcohol or spirit. Please give your expert opinion regarding the same.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ear itching due to dryness is a genetic condition, wherein the skin in the ear canal becomes denuded faster than other people and form wax or flakes. The dryness will be present in both ears and it will not usually be restricted to one ear. To prevent the same you may u...  Read Full »

I am very light complected with dark red acne scars. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,I am very light complected with dark red acne scars that I have had for a few years. I have some acne on my cheeks, but the acne scars are more noticeable. I have combination skin I believe because my forehead tends to be super dry to where it peels, and my nose gets oily. After any cle...  Read Full »

Dr. Chaitra Prakash

Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is essential to avoid oily preparations on the face for acne with combination skin. It tends to develop seborrheic dermatitis. I would not advise any oil for dryness here. It is also advisable to avoid harsh soaps and cleansers. As they remove oil, they can also l...  Read Full »

Please recommend some treatment for the prickly and itchy rashes on my abdomen.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a rash on my abdomen or the lower chest area and also in the mid back. It is being there from the past three weeks. This is the second time that I am getting the rash within these six months. About four to six months back, I first got this type of rash. The rash appears flat wi...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concerns and examined your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the available data, it seems you have developed allergic contact dermatitis or sweat dermatitis. I just wanted to know, if your blotchy, erythematous patches disapp...  Read Full »

What is the cause for hair loss and hair thinning?

Query: Hi doctor, I am working in an oil plant and suffering from hair thinning and hair loss for the past one month. I am extremely healthy with a clean diet and exercise (non-smoker and no alcohol). Is this due to desalinated water and heat? Is this permanent hair loss? What can I do to prevent further ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Use coconut oil mixed with castor oil on your hair. Give a gentle massage. Use a filter or soft water to wash hair. Do not wash hair frequently. Use a mild shampoo. For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/a...  Read Full »

Is bleaching the cause of my hair loss?

Query: Hello doctor,I have bleached my hair three times this year and have suffered a great deal of hair loss. My hair has been breaking very often and it has come to shoulder length. I have not used anything as yet as I am too afraid that it may get worse. The shampoo and conditioner that I use are called...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It's very sad to hear that you are going through this hair problem. Bleaching can make hair weak and thinner. It is temporary and that is the good news. To regain the hair strength, you need to have hair nutrients. Eat protein-rich food, eggs, chicken, fish, milk...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for an infant with a rash on his genitals?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 2 months and 15 days old. He has a rash on his genitals and his pubic area that looks like scabies or a fungal infection. Please advice for quick recovery. We are using EziNapi cream for diaper rash. But it is not looking like a diaper rash. It may be some infection. Please ...  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, looking at the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is less likely a diaper rash. Usually, a diaper rash involves more of perianal region. It is less likely scabies if other parts of the body are not involved or no family history of scabie...  Read Full »

How to control excess sebum production on my scalp naturally?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old male, who is 163 cm tall, and I weigh 62 kg. How to control excess sebum production on my scalp? It causes my hair to fall like anything.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When hair roots do not get sufficient nutrition, then its roots become weak and fragile so that you will have hair fall. Another most important cause is applying several kinds of shampoo and conditioner, which makes hair and scalp rough and dry. So kindly avoid using d...  Read Full »