Q. Is it fine to practice swimming after my night shift?

Dr. Isaac Gana
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 07, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 28 year old female. I am a nurse and frequently works in night shifts. I am trying hard to include sports in my life. I usually swim, and I need to work harder to swim to lose the extra weight. I gained weight because of my sedentary lifestyle. Will it be fine to swim after 12 hours shift?

#

• In fact, swimming is the best exercise for you. I always advise my patients to engage in swimming especially after undergoing stressful hours of work as it helps the body to relax.
  • It is fine to swim after your night shift. I will only advise you to get enough sleep after swimming, 6 to 7 hours of sleep.
  • I noted you are trying to lose weight. From your BMI (body mass index), your weight is perfect. Please do eat normally as you are supposed to. Your body needs it since you often engage in stressful night shifts.
  • I only advise not to eat heavy after 7 PM, and you will not gain weight. Take care.

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|