Q. What is the best time to eat fruits?

Dr. Sarah M Alhennawy
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 01, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 12, 2019

I want to add raw onions, raw garlic, banana, pomegranate, dates, raisins with water, turmeric powder with water, lemon with peel etc., to my diet. Please suggest me the best time of the day to eat these.

#

• Many studies conducted on the properties of garlic show that eating it on an empty stomach makes it a powerful natural antibiotic.
  • The best practice for onions consists of chopping or crushing them five to 15 minutes prior to eating them.
  • The best time to eat fruits is early in the morning, on an empty stomach. This gives your body a chance to digest the fruit quickly, without the presence of other food items which take longer to digest. Having a fruit on an empty stomach in the afternoon can give you just the boost of energy that you need.
  • Another great time to indulge in some fruits is before and after a workout as that is when your body could use the sugars as energy during the workout, or restore your energy levels after a workout.
  • Adding turmeric to warm water in the morning is inexpensive, mild in taste, and benefits every system in your body. Adding this powerful spice to your diet is one of the best things you can do for your long term health.
  • You can eat dried fruits any time of the day as a snack but, the best time is to eat it early in the morning to squeeze out the maximum benefits. Soak them in water overnight and use them in the morning. But be mindful to eat it in moderation because they contain more calories than the fresh ones.

For more information consult a nutritionist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist

|