Q. What is the best time to eat fruits?

Dr. Sarah M Alhennawy
Published on Sep 01, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 12, 2019

I want to add raw onions, raw garlic, banana, pomegranate, dates, raisins with water, turmeric powder with water, lemon with peel etc., to my diet. Please suggest me the best time of the day to eat these.

Dr. Sarah M Alhennawy

Nutritionist Physiotherapy
#

• Many studies conducted on the properties of garlic show that eating it on an empty stomach makes it a powerful natural antibiotic.
  • The best practice for onions consists of chopping or crushing them five to 15 minutes prior to eating them.
  • The best time to eat fruits is early in the morning, on an empty stomach. This gives your body a chance to digest the fruit quickly, without the presence of other food items which take longer to digest. Having a fruit on an empty stomach in the afternoon can give you just the boost of energy that you need.
  • Another great time to indulge in some fruits is before and after a workout as that is when your body could use the sugars as energy during the workout, or restore your energy levels after a workout.
  • Adding turmeric to warm water in the morning is inexpensive, mild in taste, and benefits every system in your body. Adding this powerful spice to your diet is one of the best things you can do for your long term health.
  • You can eat dried fruits any time of the day as a snack but, the best time is to eat it early in the morning to squeeze out the maximum benefits. Soak them in water overnight and use them in the morning. But be mindful to eat it in moderation because they contain more calories than the fresh ones.

For more information consult a nutritionist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist

Preventing Constipation Naturally

Article Overview: Constipation is often caused owing to a faulty diet, irregular lifestyle and also mental stress that is best avoided or prevented naturally. Read Article

Dr. Pritam Mohapatra
General Medicine Physician

Follow these steps and stay away from constipation: Eat a simple and natural plant based diet consisting mostly of whole grain cereals, leafy greens and fresh fruits/ dry fruits including mango, grapes, papaya, tomato, cucumber, pears, guava, gooseberry, fig, apple, raisins, etc. At the same time...  Read Article

Nutritional Management of Diarrhea in Children

Article Overview: Children are very susceptible to various kinds of infections and diseases. Hence, it is very essential to take care of their health as they fall sick quite often. One of the reason diarrhea is common is probably the lack of hygienic practices followed in the kitchen. Read Article

Dr. Krystel Quadros
Paediatrician

Following are some of the nutritional remedies for kids with diarrhea. Plenty of Fluids If your child is suffering from diarrhea, there is a lot of water loss occurring in your child’s body leading to dehydration. Also, there is a loss of various electrolytes from the body, for example, sodi...  Read Article

Please suggest ways to control bad odor due to stomach problem.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a regular alcoholic. The problem is that I have bad smell due to stomach problem. Suggest me how to cure bad smell. Thank you.  Read Full >>

Dr. Rashi Verma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With little changes in diet and lifestyle, it is possible to remove the bad smell. Have food in a proper manner and always have smaller bites. Eat slowly and chew your food thoroughly so that all of what you eat gets digested. Do not gulp your food. While having...  Read Full

Ask a Nutritionist Now