Bhramari Pranayama

Is Pranayama advisable for a 90-year-old?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 90 years old. He has congestive heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. He is generally in good spirits and is well taken care of. He uses oxygen and his doctors have told him that when his oxygen count goes down, to breathe in and exhale through mouth. Sinc...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinod Kumar

Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for posing this question. Please find my suggestions below. At age 90, it becomes very important to keep the things simple for the patient. Your effort to teach pranayama is appreciable. I would advise you not to go for any difficult pranayama which is tedious ...  Read Full »

Please suggest an ayurvedic remedy to regain lost strength and vitality due to masturbation.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 40 years old and married. I was under the influence of masturbation in early life and could not snap out of it until I got married a couple of years back. I am currently experiencing weakness, lack of energy and enthusiasm, concentration, irritable mood, and forgetfulness. I am n...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understood your concern. Decreased or lack of proper erection of the penis is known as erectile dysfunction. Stress, anxiety, smoking, drinking, medications like antacids, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, and low testosterone may cause such k...  Read Full »

I am trying to gain weight for the past 13 years. Will ayurveda treatment help me?

Query: Hi doctor, I fell sick seriously before 13 years. I have lost my weight after that. It was due to sunstroke, and I am facing digestive issues after having it. I have a heaviness in my chest. I consulted a doctor and checked it. There was no infection. I find difficult to gain weight after having di...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. You are thinking in the right way. Indigestion may affect weight gain. Your lifestyle, food habits and lack of physical activity may cause indigestion, and it leads to acidity. Take the following ayurvedic medicines and follow these instru...  Read Full »