Q. I have an issue with portion control. How to correct overeating?

Dr. Suneetha B S

I am taking consciously healthy, and a vegetarian diet with my partner. But, I have an issue with portion control. When I was growing up, food was not always available to me. So, when I had food, I ate a lot, and that habit has followed me into my adult life too. I am curious to retrain my mind. So, that I can get better control to eat.

#

Portion control is very important to maintain a healthy body. If you have trouble in controlling portions, try to follow the following tips:

1. Have a full glass of water or one cucumber before each meal. It helps to fill up your part of the stomach. So, you are unable to eat too much.
  2. Eat your meals on time. Do not wait until you are extremely hungry. Eat according to the clock.
  3. Eat small healthy snacks in between major meals like sprouts, a fruit, or some raw nuts.
  4. While having your meal, keep all gadgets like TV and mobile phones off or out of your vision. This helps you to focus on your food and your satiety.
  5. Chew your food slowly and eat slowly. It takes around 20 minutes for your brain to understand that your stomach is full. If you gobble food quickly, you could end up eating too much.

For more information consult a nutritionist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist

|