Q. Taking medicines for bipolar disorder, but unable to sleep. Is there any suggestions?

Published on May 22, 2018

I am having bipolar disorder, on lithosun 1200mg, fluoxetine 20mg for the last 1 year.

Working night shift since last month. Unable to maintain proper sleep. Please guide me.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

Thanks for posting your query at icliniq.

Fluoxetine is not the kind of medication that needs to be taken for straight one year in bipolar disorder except in some rare cases.

Problem with sleep may indicate towards relapse of mania or mixed episode.

At this moment you need to talk to a psychiatrist either online or in person.

Is Aripiprazole safe for a 65 year old diabetic and hypertensive patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 65 years old. He has bipolar disorder for 40 years. He also has diabetes. He is taking medicine for high blood pressure. For a very long time, he took lithium 1000 mg and oxcarbazepine 900 mg. 2-3 episodes used to happen, normally of long manic spell followed by gloomy/not...  Read Full »