Birth Control Pills

Will Zopiclone have any effect on Rigevidon?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a master's student currently writing a thesis. As this is a stressful time for me, my sleep is the first thing being affected. For the past two to three weeks, I have had sleepless nights, restless sleep, and waking up in the middle of the night averaging about two to three hour...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Zopiclone is a nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic agent, helps in maintaining sleep, long acting, reduces the number of awakenings, improves the quality of sleep and has minimal abuse potential. The usual dose is 7.5 mg 15-20 minutes before sleeping, and should not be used f...  Read Full »

Will continuous intake of Diane-35 help in missing a period?

Query: Hello doctor, I started to take a birth control pill. The pill name is Diane-35, it is taken for 21 days and seven days for rest. I have just finished the first pack of 21 pills, and as far as I understand, that my period should come in these seven days, right? And also I have read on the internet ...  Read Full »

Dr. Garima Sawhney

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is correct that if you have taken these pills for 21 days, your periods are expected to come in the next few days, as it will cause hormonal withdrawal which leads to cause bleeding. It is true that if you continue to take these medicines your periods will be...  Read Full »

I stopped regular birth control pills recently, and no periods after that. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 17-year-old female. I was put on birth control before three months. I took it for two months then stopped, and I have not had a period after finishing it. Is this common, or should I be worried? And I am not sexually active.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I believe the reason you were started on birth control pill was because you already had irregular menses, and the physician must have advised you to continue it for at least six months. Also when you started your periods seemed to be regular for two months, but when ...  Read Full »

Why was there a clot discharge after taking birth control pills?

Query: Hello doctor, I just started birth control a few weeks ago, so this is my first week of my period. I had brown discharge a few days before I started the sugar pill. My period started kind of light but is kind of thicker blood. I just had horrible cramps this afternoon, probably the worst ever. I to...  Read Full »

Dr. Sree Gouri Sr

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your description, the possibilities are: During the first months of Contraceptive pills, you can have some amount of menstrual irregularity like intermenstrual spotting. It may take a few months for regularization of the flow. And missing the time or pill ...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to skip placebo pills to avoid period. Is that a safe practice?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been on my birth control Yaz for 10 to 11 months. Last month, I went on a holiday which collapsed with my placebo pill days with period days. So I started the second pack skipping the placebo pills from the previous pack to skip the period. However, ever since I started the sec...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you were on pill regularly so that ovulation did not occur possibly. This means you are safe most probably, but 100 % accuracy is not there. But for practical purposes, it is almost safe. Take a urine pregnancy test after two to three weeks, and that will confirm ...  Read Full »