Birth Control Pills

Are there chances to get pregnant during lactational amenorrhea?

Query: Hello doctor,Can you please advise can my wife take birth control pills while breastfeeding? Also, she did not get a period since our baby was born, that is, for nine months. Also, let you know that I have another baby whose age is 2. When he is six months old, my wife got pregnant while she is not ...  Read Full »

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The period of amenorrhea (when the period cycle is absent) is directly related to breastfeeding. If the baby is feeding well, then the mother will not have her periods (lactational amenorrhea). But like you said, there are chances of getting pregnant during this peri...  Read Full »

My serum ferritin is low, and birth control pills make me depressed and tired. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old woman who gave birth to my first child a year back. After giving birth in 2 months, I started taking Yasmin birth control pills. Then they gave me nausea all time, and I did not feel hungry or could eat, so I switched to Yaz control pills after four months, and they...  Read Full »

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are few things I like to point out from your history. 1) Yaz or Yasmin is not the right choice of birth control pills right after childbirth ( Yaz and Yasmin are combined oral contraception containing estrogen and progesterone, and this is not safe immediately...  Read Full »

What are the chances of getting pregnant on the 10th of the cycle?

Query: Hello doctor, After finishing one pack of combination pills (21 Tablets), I forgot to start another pack on the 8th day. So I started a new pack on the 10th day. We had intercourse on the 10th day, and I took ECP (Unwanted 72) after 42 hours of intercourse. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, I can say that you have no chance of pregnancy at all. Points in favor of my saying so are - 1. Usually, ovulation occurs 14 days prior to the period. So the average of 13 to 18 th day of the period is the highest chance for pregnancy. The life o...  Read Full »

What can be the causes for the brown discharge and bleeding after sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19-year-old female, and I just have a question. I have been on three-month birth control for over a year, but a few months before, I noticed some brown discharge before my period was supposed to start. I eventually had my period, and it went away. Last month, I had sex and bled du...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. It can be due to vaginal infection (bacterial or fungal) or if you had unprotected sex or improperly treated urinary tract infection. It can be due to an ovarian cyst. You need to do an ultrasound pelvis to diagnose. It can be due to ab...  Read Full »

Why am I not getting my period after stopping birth control pills?

Query: Hi doctor, I stopped taking birth control pills four weeks ago. Last week I had abdominal pain for about three days and was associated with constipation and gas. This week I should have got my periods, but not yet. I have cramps that tend to remain the same. My nipples have also seemed more erect o...  Read Full »

Dr. Manisha Auradkar Raghunath Auradkar

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I can understand your concern. The symptoms you are having might or might not be associated with stopping birth control pills. There are very few chances that you are pregnant. You can take a pregnancy test after waiting for a week if you do not get periods. If the pregn...  Read Full »

Is it good to take birth control pill for a single day?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it good to take a birth control pill for a single day? I took it on the first day of my period and then I stopped it. Will it affect my period?   Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Katarya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Birth control pills are effective when it is taken consistently at the same time daily for seven days. A single pill will less likely affect your periods and it does not produce protection from pregnancy too.  Read Full »

What does acne vulgaris look like?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been using Minerva-35 for years. I have melasma on my face, and my laser technician advised me to switch to a lower dose Estrogen pill to help fade the pigmentation. I switched to Mirelle, and I have been using it for four months. I have never struggled with breakouts, but now ...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no attached photograph in your message. Kindly send a picture of the affected area to help you better. I need to see the affected area to assess the condition and to suggest appropriate diagnosis and treatment.  Read Full »

How do birth control packs work?

Query: Hi doctor, I am taking birth control pills, and I have a 28 pack. After three weeks of white pills and one week of sugar pills, I stopped taking sugar pills for a week. What do I do to continue taking sugar pills? Can I just continue taking them, or else shall I take sugar pills two weeks in a row?...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Katarya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, those are not sugar pills. They are iron pills that are included to maintain iron stores in case you have excessive bleeding. So if you have not taken them for a week, then it is fine to take them in next week. There is no need to take additional doses or taking t...  Read Full »

Can premenstrual syndrome make women vomit an entire day every three weeks?

Query: Hi doctor, For every three weeks or a month, I have throwing up pain in my stomach from the morning to night for a day. I go to the bathroom every thirty minutes. Today is one of those days and I do not know what to do to make my stomach feel better. How to stop the throwing up pain present in my s...  Read Full »

Dr. Artur Holubka

General Practitioner, Family Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I assume that you have premenstrual syndrome (PMS), premenstrual tension syndrome, premenstrual illness, cyclic syndrome. It causes complex cyclical symptoms in women in premenstrual days. It occurs two to ten days before menstruation. It is characterized by psychoemoti...  Read Full »

What is the possibility of breast cancer to transfer in generations?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39-year-old female. I am fatigued, sluggish, difficulty concentrating, migraines, and difficulty regulating temperature. I have periodic tightness in the chest and fluttering sensation. My EKG, CT chest, and chest x-ray are normal and the COVID test is negative. My Vitamin B12...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Gulati

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your reports are normal nothing seems worrisome (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Since you have a family history of breast cancer, you should get a mammogram done. Also get your BRCA gene (breast cancer gene) tests done. It is a blood test and if it is...  Read Full »