Black Spot In Eye

What could cause a dark spot on the iris of the eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I have realized that a dark spot appeared on the iris of my eye. I wanted to get a first opinion on an HD photo. Would that be possible? My partner informed me that she saw something similar in my eye in the past.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have a dark spot in the iris of your eye. According to the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that is provided here, you may suffer from dark spots on the iris d...  Read Full »

I developed black spots on the white part of my eyes after glue went in. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, When I was opening a powerful glue bottle, two small drops of glue went into my left eye. After two months, I observed black spots on the whitish part of my eye. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. An adhesive glue is a non-toxic one. It can cause stinging, irritation, foreign body sensation and mild redness, if it is not removed from the eye. But, these are just for a few hours or a couple of days. The most important thing to do is urgently wash your eyes with wate...  Read Full »

Is black spot on the white portion of eye a concerning issue?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 63 years old. Her weight is 60 kg and her height is 5'2''. For the last two-three days, she was getting an eye burn. Yesterday, she felt like a sand particle inside her left eye. Also, dropping of the eyelid. So today we started putting some over the counter eye drop. While p...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This appears to be a mole. By seeing her eyelids it appears a bit swollen so can be a mild infection. Start Moxifloxacin eye drop six times a day for seven days, Refresh tears eye drop six tim...  Read Full »

I am having twitching of eyelids and black dots float around my eye. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 16 years old, and I am very worried about the health of my eyes. I have been having two problems with my eyes recently. One of my ongoing problems is twitch with my eyelids. I cannot keep my eye open for too long without this happening. It bothers me and distracts me a lot at sch...  Read Full »

Dr. Satish Bhavsar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Twitching eyes are due mostly to dry eyes in your age because of exposure to the computer monitor and prolonged use of mobile phone, which can be taken care of by the use of artificial tears (lubricating eye drops). The important issue is your left eye redness and bl...  Read Full »

I have noticed mole like spots in my eye with light colored with yellowish red patch. Is it a tumor?

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed mole like spots in my eye and light colored yellow red patch. I do not have any problem in vision or itchiness. I noticed it two months back but I do not know when did it develop. I have attached the photograph of the eye. Is it a tumor?  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the picture you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is totally normal. What you are mentioning as a mole is like spots. Those are normal melanin pigments deposited in the conjunctiva. They are not a tumor. You should be concerne...  Read Full »

My left eye has a spot near black circle. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My left eye has a spot near black circle. I do not know what it is and how it will vanish. I did not remember but it is from years in my eyes.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I feel it could be a conjunctival nevus, given that you have had it since a long time and it did not cause you to have any symptoms. Such swellings have a tendency to grow in size during...  Read Full »

Why do I see black dots when I am out in the daylight?

Query: Hello doctor, I am just 10 days away to be 20 years old. I have been seeing black dots or I may say they appear differently on my eyes. They do not go away. I always have them with me. They irritate me because I normally see them the most or clearly when I am out in the daylight. I sometimes find i...  Read Full »

Dr. Manish Mahabir

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have correctly described your floaters. Only thing is that it is perfectly normal as they are part of aging and will only increase with time. They develop as the vitreous jelly inside our eyes liquifies with time. So they move when your eye moves. They do not cause ...  Read Full »

What are the chances of spot in retina to grow in future?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 28-year-old female. Recently I went through dilated retinal examination. In my left eye, there is a spot on retina since birth. I do not have any problem with the vision at present. I am myopic since 12 years old. I have attached my current myopic number. My doctor told me at pre...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The spot that you have mentioned is called a lattice which is basically an area of weakening in the retina. If you have no history of any retinal disease in other eye or in any family members then doctors usually observe your symptoms. They occur when this lattice conve...  Read Full »

Do you see any abnormality in the attached EEG report?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an EEG done and the results were abnormal. I have attached the reports. What do the results mean? Can I be treated? If yes, then how? I take Aripiprazole, Fluoxetine, and Oxybutynin. I am diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and urinary incontinence. When I was a child (2 or 3 years ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details about your symptoms: What exactly happens in the¬†episode of partial loss of consciousness. Is it the feeling of surroundings rotating around you? Is it the feeling of you rotating yourself? Is it the feeling of impending doom with inc...  Read Full »