Q. Can glue cause black spots on the whitish part of the eye?

Dr. Asif Manzoor
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 01, 2020

When I was opening a powerful glue bottle, two small drops of glue went into my left eye. After two months, I observed black spots on the whitish part of my eye. Please help.

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• An adhesive glue is a non-toxic one. It can cause stinging, irritation, foreign body sensation and mild redness, if it is not removed from the eye. But, these are just for a few hours or a couple of days.
  • The most important thing to do is urgently wash your eyes with water repeatedly.
  • Then, you can visit your nearby eye doctor for an eye examination whether any glue is still there in the eye and that needs to be removed.
  • But, you said it has been two months now and you were fine after that.
  • So, the spots in the whitish area might be present before that incident and you noticed that after this or this is a different thing that needs to be examined. Glue does not cause anything like that.
  • You can send me the photos of your eye and black spots if possible so that I can see what it could be.
  • Please let me know about your vision in that eye whether it is fine or there is any change.

The cause of black spots may since childhood just like moles on the skin. Most probably they are not related to glue.

Need an eye checkup once.

Please do safety measure while dealing any such thing or any chemical. Use protective glasses. If any accident happens, then first of all wash your eyes with water as early and as much as u can and go to doctor.

Revert back with the photos to an eye care ophthalmologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

This is a sponsored video. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content/ad in the video.

Do you see any abnormality in the attached EEG report?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an EEG done and the results were abnormal. I have attached the reports. What do the results mean? Can I be treated? If yes, then how? I take Aripiprazole, Fluoxetine, and Oxybutynin. I am diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and urinary incontinence. When I was a child (2 or 3 years ...  Read Full »

Is heredomacular degeneration a genetic disease?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is suffering from heredomacular degeneration. And I am pregnant and have one daughter. Will this problem also affect my unborn and daughter? Kindly suggest me. Someone told me it is a genetic disease.  Read Full »