Q. I have 10 spots on penis for a long duration with no harm. Is it STD?

I am 24 years old. I have always been very anxious about health, especially my sexual health. But when I was about 9 or 10 a spot came up on my penis where the glans and shaft meet. It was flesh colored, painless, and round. There was no dimple in it. I was never sexually abused or sexually active at this age. I did not even masturbate the first time until I was 12 or 13. My mom took me to the doctor and they said like just come back if it gets bigger. She had likened it to a wart, but it was not very hard or dry.

Anyway, it stayed for a couple of years after that it shrinks down. It no longer appears as if it is above the skin but appears as a small pin-sized bump underneath a skin bridge. I am curious if it cannot be an STD and I have never found anything similar online. So what could it be? I would not think a wart would stick around that long. And it really does not look like that at all. That was there over 12 years so I would not think it is anything fatal. To be even more specific, it is on the top side to the right. As I said, it looks like a skin bridge with a little bump underneath. But it really has no sort of texture. And the only problem it really causes is some skin rubbing when that extra skin rubs my underwear.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

This was likely a wart only. Warts can have very varied morphology and most plausible explanation is for wart only. Because, considering it was a single lesion, was not painful or itchy, flesh colored and it persisted for a long time and resolved on its own. So all these factors favor it. Morphology can be variable.

The negative factor was not sexually active. Although most common causes are sexual contacts, but significant number of individuals may have it with non-sexual contacts as well, it can be transmitted vertically during childbirth and remain dormant for a long time activating later in life. It can be transmitted with usual contacts and can be transmitted through clothing like underwear (if came in direct or indirect contact with infected individual clothing), sharing toilets, etc., can also transmit it. So being not sexually active is not a strong factor against it.

Rest all causes like skin tags which would persist without treatment or fall off suddenly, PPP (pearly penile papules) would be numerous papules, other infectious causes would be short-lived and multiple lesions and symptomatic like painful tender or red. Malignancies are unlikely at this age and would progress. So the probability is high for wart only.

| 

Is it not the STD kind?

#

Yes, it is not an STD (sexually transmitted disease) kind and not worrisome usually. They are quite common in adults due to sexual transmission. Once infected, they develop into wart and later resolved by our by the body. However, some viruses may remain latent within the cells, which may or may not be reactivated later in lifetime. They might be reactivated if anyone develops immunosuppression later in life. So it is not a reason to worry about for you at present, although some minute risk of reactivation would be there.

| 

I have some black spots on penile skin. What are these?

Query: Hi doctor,I am having some black spots on penile skin. What to do?  Read Full »

I have little genital warts in my vagina and worried that it could be VPH. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a few and little genital warts in my vagina. I can send you a picture if you want, I am very worried that it could be VPH. Please help me.  Read Full »

What causes red spots on penis and white discharge in foreskin after safe sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. A few days ago, I had safe sex with a condom. Now, I have two red dots on my penis. It also hurts when I urinate. When I pull down the foreskin, there is a whitish discharge. I am pretty sure I have caught some type of STD. I am freaking out and do not kno...  Read Full »