Q. What is the treatment for a painless and non-irritating black spot on foreskin?

Dr. Sugreev Singh

I noticed a black spot on my foreskin today. There is no pain or irritation, and the surface is smooth. It is not a bump. I am not on any medication, but recently, I have been diagnosed with discoid lupus. I am nervous. Kindly help.

Thanks.

#

Thank you for writing in and I understand your concern.

The mark can be due to some irritation or minor injuries, or insect bites. There is nothing to worry about. Forceful intercourse or masturbation can also be a reason. I suggest you apply ointment Clotrimazole-Beclomethasone once a day before sleeping for five days and let me know. Always use fresh towels and underwear. A better assessment of the condition can be done if you can answer the following questions; a) Did you have unprotected intercourse? b) Was there any forceful play or masturbation?

Kindly reply.

Thanks for the reply.

I received oral sex about a month or two ago. I did not use a condom. I did not have intercourse for past ten months. I was out of town last week but did not have sex there. I have not done any forceful intercourse or masturbation. However, I masturbated several days ago.

Thanks.

#

There is nothing to worry about. It can be due to some irritation, and it will be fine soon. I suggest you apply the ointment mentioned above and let me know after five days.

|