Q. Is it normal to experience uterine bleeding for a long time post-miscarriage?

Dr. Richa Agarwal
and medically reviewed by Dr.P.C.Pavithra Pattu

The bleeding after my pregnancy loss has not stopped. The previous reports show there was RPOC, and now my TVS is normal. There seemed to be a slight hormonal imbalance and I was taking Dronis 30 and Tranexamic acid. The bleeding has started again and does not stop. Kindly help me resolve this issue.

#

Thank you for trusting us with your health care. I have gone through your history and understand your concerns. As per your description, these symptoms could be due to hormonal imbalance. Get your pelvic ultrasound to see the endometrial thickness. If required, dilation and curettage (D and C) may be performed with IUD (intrauterine device) insertion. Get your thyroid profile and hemoglobin test also done. For excessive bleeding, you can take the tablet Tranexamic acid. I hope you found this helpful, and feel free to ask for more information.

Good luck.

|