Q. What causes heaviness and bleeding in the vagina during sexual intercourse?

Dr. Kohkade Pooja Raosaheb

I have lower back pain, pelvic pain, heaviness in the vagina, bleeding, and pain during sex. I had my cervix, tubes, and uterus removed four years back. I am attaching pictures kindly suggest.

#

You had an infection and vault prolapse from the pictures attached (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). Why was your uterus removed? If there is bleeding during sex, you must do a visual examination also. Consult your gynecologist immediately and after consultation only take any tablets. Also, I would suggest you do one ultrasound of your abdomen.

I have no infection, had my uterus, tubes, and cervix removed, and had constant pain and heaviness inside the vagina. I cannot stand longer than 10 minutes without pain. I am unsure if I have a vault prolapse. Kindly help.

#

It is vault prolapse, and you have bleeding due to vault prolapse. You can insert a pessary to support your vault. Prolapse can also be cured with surgery. Pain is also due to stretching, so first, check why it is bleeding. It should not be there normally. Take treatment for prolapse as bleeding is a serious issue and get an ultrasound done immediately.

|