Q. I am 5 weeks pregnant and started bleeding before 3 days. How to know whether I am still pregnant?

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

I was 5 week pregnancy now im bleeding this is my 3rd day today i didn't bleed that much 1st day as my regular period and 2nd day was light bleeding so i want to whether im still pregnant ? I was 5 week pregnancy now im bleeding this is my 3rd day today i didn't bleed that much 1st day as my regular period and 2nd day was light bleeding so i want to whether im still pregnant ? I had a bleeding in 5 week pregnancy so I want am I still pregnant

#

Welcome to Icliniq.

You need to get an ultrasound to check if the pregnancy is still viable or it has been expelled spontaneously in the process of the bleeding. any bleeding during pregnancy needs evaluation as it can be a sign of threatened miscarriage.b

Usually 2nd of my period will be but this time there was a little bleeding doctor so can I keep hope of being pregnant

#

when was your last periods date? may I know that? and also when was the urine pregnancy test positive

It was end of last month.

#

if you are still pregnant or not can be found out only after checking your ultrasound dear are your periods always regular, what is the average interval between your periods for e.g 28days or 32days etc.

Even my 2nd was light bleeding ever time it would be heavy

#

sorry I didn't understand what you were saying

We r planning for baby since this last month and when I tested my pregnancy at home on the missed period day I got faint positive line and later after 3 days I got period and this I have checked it for 3 times all the 3 times in got positive line in pregnancy kit after 12 days later of my period date I got my periods This was happened 2nd time to me doctor can u tell me why this is happening

#

see urine pregnancy test can be positive even after 4-6weeks of miscarriage tooo.. so that is not confirmatory.. what is confirmatory is the ultrasound finding of a live pregnancy.. you need to check if the pregnancy is still placed inside the uterus or has been expelled out or not.. if the pregnancy is viable your doctor will give you injections to sustain the pregnancy. so it would be advisable to visit your Gynaecologist as soon as possible so that appropriate evaluation and management can be done accordingly. even though the chances are less given the bleeding has occured very early in the pregnancy, but unless one sees a scan nothing can be confirmed just based only the evidence of bleeding.

I have my regular period and my period cycle is of 23 to 24days Thank u mam

#

ok dear please get a scan done as soon as possible.

Today I had a scan and the doctor said I'm not pregnant and there is some cyst of 4cm or it may be ectopic pregnancy they have told me to come tomorrow morning for once again with 2nd doctor opinion they will say what is problem now I'm scared if it's cyst or ectopic pregnancy it will cause infertility Today I had a scann and the doctor said I'm not pregnant and there is some cyst of 4cm or it may be ectopic pregnancy they have told me to come tomorrow morning for once again with 2nd doctor opinion they will say what is problem now I'm scared if it's cyst or ectopic pregnancy it will cause infertility

#

hi dear

yeah so if the scan has not shown any pregnancy inside the uterus, then the 4cm cyst kind of thing visualised needs to be evaluated with meticulous follow up.. if you experience any severe sharp pain anytime you should be reporting to hospital immediately. As it's very early pregnancy it becomes difficult to diagnose clearly if it's early miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy in case of situations like yours. it may need the help of serial Beta HCG levels monitoring which your doctor also might suggest you after rechecking tomorrow.

Mam I'm 5week 3days pregnant so it cannot be detected in scanning ? Doctor did external scanning to me

#

oki... No it's not that it cannot be detected.. as you already had some bleeding very early in pregnancy, plus scan shows some cyst, the confusion mostly comes about it being either ectopic or a miscarriage.. one cannot confirm at a single point of observation. it need a follow up & repeat scan after few days.. and also you will need to check your serial beta HCG levels as I mentioned before to get a bit of help in making the diagnosis easier.

Ok thank u mam

#

you are welcome dear. please reach out for any doubts in future. Take good care of your self.

Hello doctor today I had been too hospital and they did same scanning and said there is cyst of some 5cm doctor has prescribed me medicine of 3 months when that cyst had reduced to 2cm I can try for pregnancy atleast I have to not to try pregnancy for 2-3 months
# oki..
I'll send u photos
# Good then.. but did they check for Beta HCG levels?

oki saw your scan report

clearly seems to a simple cyst.. which should resolve after 3 months of hormonal pills

I guess they would have given you 3 courses of the 21 days pills
It's only tablet prescribed me to take for 3 months

Mam after one can I plan for pregnancy?
# what's the tablet given?

please mention details

no better to wait for 2-3m and get a repeat scan done

to see if the cyst has gone
No mam they didn't check for beta HCG
# ok
Novolon tablet

Mam I asked doctor if I can loose weight she said I can so can I have Apple cider vinegar for weight loss
# oki dear..

Novelon is the same thing I was asking about... the 21 days pills.

you can plan to loose your weight in the mean time.

and plan your pregnancy after 3 months.

excercise regularly.. at least 1 hr daily.
Can I have alcohol while having these tablet

My beta hCG values are 5.73 and 5.26. Does it confirm pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 38 years old. I did not get my last month period. After 15 days of missed period, my beta hCG value is 5.73. What is the chance of pregnancy? Do I have any issue? Please guide me.  Read Full »

Does my wife's hCG levels indicate a healthy pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 25 years old and she has PCOD. We are trying to conceive for 2 years. We had done an IUI which failed. We did IVF, but it ended with a chemical pregnancy. Last month, our doctor did Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET). He transferred 2 embryos on that day. We got a positive result...  Read Full »

I had miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy in the last six months. Is it endometriosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am recently trying to get pregnant and in the past six months, have had a miscarriage and an ectopic pregnancy. I am wondering if there is a chance I have endometriosis. I am wondering this because I have no other risks/causes that could have caused the ectopic. There is no chance I co...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»