Q. I am pregnant and bleeding profusely. Should I take an abortion pill?

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

I am five weeks pregnant. From the last four days, I have bleeding. I consulted my doctor and she gave me a medicine but, it did not work. This is similar to what happened in my last pregnancy which I lost at two and a half months. So, I decided not to continue with this pregnancy. Which pill should I use for having an abortion at home? Please give me your suggestions and also advise me for my future pregnancy, because this has happened twice now and I am worried if I will ever be able to become a mother.

#

I can understand that it must be very distressing for you. But I do not understand why you want to take medicines for abortion when you already have had one previously.

If you are still bleeding and the baby is viable (alive) on the scan, they would prescribe you few injections for sustaining the pregnancy. But, since it is five weeks, it is very early to even detect on the scan.

Moreover, if the fetus is not sustainable, it will abort itself. I would suggest you go for a pre-pregnancy counseling and evaluation before you plan for the next one, in case this one fails.

All the best.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|