Q. I have a perisac bleed of 1. 4 x 0. 5 cm and now 5 weeks pregnant. Is this pregnancy safe?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

I am a 30-year-old female. I have a perisac bleed measuring 1.4 cm by 0.5 cm and my gestational sac measures 0.85 cm in the diameter. I was at 5 weeks 2 days at the time of my transvaginal scan. Now I am 5 weeks and 4 days. I had some vaginal bleeding two days back for four hours and then light spotting that is continuing. Is my bleed considered large? If I carry the baby to term, will it have any disabilities and will there be any ill effects on my health? Is it more advisable to terminate the pregnancy or carry forward?

I am currently on Folic acid +Iron, Vitamin C, Duphaston 10 mg, and Pantaz 40 mg.

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I fully understand your concern and will surely help you.

Can you also share any history of previous pregnancy? Did you experience any similar problems in any prior pregnancy? How much bleeding (in terms of pads) did you experience, was it your period time had you not been pregnant? Has your spotting stopped now?

Do not worry. I have seen ladies delivering healthy babies even when they have been experiencing periods all through.

| 

This is my first pregnancy. I would say it was three tablespoons at the most and spotting for a while. I only had to use one pad. My period was supposed to come around 5th August. My last period date is 7th July.

The spotting is a bare minimum now. I can hardly see any when wiped with a tissue. My major concern is whether the perisac bleeding is too large compared to the present size of the gestational sac for a viable and healthy pregnancy to continue.

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Hello

Your pregnancy is at very early stage. You just have to wait and watch. If the pregnancy continues, it will not cause any disabilities in the baby.

You are already on pregnancy support medicines and you have to wait for repeat scan for cardiac activity and if there is any increase in the size of the bleed. Let us see for the pregnancy to be viable first.

|