Q. Why do I have bleeding during pregnancy even after taking medications?

Dr. Monica Mathur
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

It is my first pregnancy. I have bleeding for four months. I consulted my doctor. She gave medicines in order to stop the bleeding, but it is not stopping. There is some light spot. Please suggest.

#

The sonography report that you have attached (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) shows that the baby is developing and the fetal heart is also normal. The other parameters like the placenta have to be checked by your gynecologist. In such cases, complete bed rest is important apart from its certain medicines have to be taken for the development of the baby and to stop the bleeding. Normally a blood clot forms inside the placenta, which leads to slow spotting: this part not being mentioned, and you should consult your gynecologist.

Feel free for any other query.

Thank you so much doctor. I have consulted my gynecologist. She preferred some medicines, and I am using them, but still, whenever I go to the washroom, there is some light bleeding. I am so worried.

#

The repeat scan shows a normal heartbeat of the baby and a normally developing placenta, so there is no need to worry. Tablet Duphaston is taken for the development of the growing baby. Have plenty of juices and fruits in your diet. Continue with your gynecologist. Please get a follow-up scan after seven days and revert with the reports.

This is how there is always bleeding. I am worried doctor.

#

I have seen the file attachment. In my opinion, I think so the bleeding is becoming less day by day. It is just spotting, which usually clears within a week. Continue with the medicines that your gynecologist has prescribed you. Also, continue with bed rest with the same diet. Please get a USG done after seven weeks. Feel free for any other query.

|