Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. My mother has redness in her eyes for the last three months. Please advice.

Answered by
Dr. Shraddha Sureka
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 30, 2020 and last reviewed on: Nov 06, 2020

Hi doctor,

My mother is a 50-year-old female who is 5.3 feet tall and weighs about 63 kg. She has been experiencing redness in her right eye for the last three months. She visited a doctor who said that the redness would go away in a couple of weeks on its own, but it gets a little better and then keeps coming back. She is experiencing no other symptoms. She is currently taking Insulin, Eltroxin, Oxramet, Janumet XR, and Nextane eye drops.

Dr. Shraddha Sureka

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)


Welcome to

It seems that your mother has bleeding in the right eye. It can happen repeatedly. Please note if your mother has a cough, straining while passing urine or stool. If needed, they need to be treated. We also need to check her blood pressure; if that increases, that could also cause repeated bleeding. We also need to do some blood tests like HB (hemoglobin), CBC (complete blood count), PT/ INR (prothrombin time with international normalized ratio), BT (bleeding time), CT (clotting time). You also need to make sure that her sugars are better controlled; you need to consult your diabetes doctor for that. If not better with this, we need to do a detailed check-up of the eye in the eye clinic to see if any abnormal blood vessels are there in the eye. You can continue with the same drops you are using.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
I am a Von Willebrand disease patient.I am currently bleeding through my nostrils.Please help.
My one month old baby is bleeding from the eyes. Is this normal?
What are the causes for redness in eyes?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Can dry eyes result from excessive computer use?

Query: Hi doctor, I am using artificial tear drops during the day and an artificial tear gel in the night before going to bed for dry eyes. In most of the days, I feel a lot better, however, one day or another I have the same symptoms or watery eyes and redness and minor blurred vision. This happens with...  Read Full »

Other than Erythromycin, what are the other treatment measures for corneal abrasion?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 12 years old. Today in school another student threw a gift card (credit card size) which got stuck in his eye. He immediately experienced some internal eye bleeding and diplopia. He saw the urgent care MD who put dye in his eye and diagnosed a corneal abrasion and prescribed...  Read Full »

I have been bleeding under the skin. What could be causing it?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been bleeding under the skin in just my fingers and palm. I have attached the photo for reference. It is worse in one hand than the other, but sometimes the other hand will get worse. It has been present on and off for many years. Initially, the doctors thought that it was due to A...  Read Full »

Also Read

This article provides you with all the information that you should be knowing about miscarriage. Although this is an emo...  Read more»
COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 testing includes analyzing patient samples to determine current or past infections with SARS-CoV-2. Read the ar...  Read more»
I feel a restlessness in my legs, which decreases my sleep quality. How to get a refreshing sleep?
Hello doctor, I cannot get refreshing sleep some days in a week, and some days it is good. I also have difficulty sleep...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Eye Care Ophthalmologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.