Q. My mother has redness in her eyes for the last three months. Please advice.

Dr. Shraddha Sureka
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 30, 2020 and last reviewed on: Nov 06, 2020

My mother is a 50-year-old female who is 5.3 feet tall and weighs about 63 kg. She has been experiencing redness in her right eye for the last three months. She visited a doctor who said that the redness would go away in a couple of weeks on its own, but it gets a little better and then keeps coming back. She is experiencing no other symptoms. She is currently taking Insulin, Eltroxin, Oxramet, Janumet XR, and Nextane eye drops.

Dr. Shraddha Sureka

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

It seems that your mother has bleeding in the right eye. It can happen repeatedly. Please note if your mother has a cough, straining while passing urine or stool. If needed, they need to be treated. We also need to check her blood pressure; if that increases, that could also cause repeated bleeding. We also need to do some blood tests like HB (hemoglobin), CBC (complete blood count), PT/ INR (prothrombin time with international normalized ratio), BT (bleeding time), CT (clotting time). You also need to make sure that her sugars are better controlled; you need to consult your diabetes doctor for that. If not better with this, we need to do a detailed check-up of the eye in the eye clinic to see if any abnormal blood vessels are there in the eye. You can continue with the same drops you are using.

|