Q. What does it mean if the eye bleeds after a head injury?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

My daughter hit her head and her eyes bleed. I cannot have access to an eye specialist since it is a weekend in my country. I want to know how dangerous can this be. What caused the eye to bleed? What else can I do until Monday when I take her to an eye specialist?

#

Kindly tell me is the blood coming out of her eye or is it collected in the white part of her eye known as a subconjunctival hemorrhage. A picture of her eye would have been very helpful.

If blood is oozing out of her eye, which is very less likely, kindly immediately rush her to an ophthalmologist or an emergency room. In the second situation, which is most likely the case, as long as her vision is not affected you do not have to worry from her eyes point of view.

But, the main concern should be the head injury. If the injury was so severe to cause a subconjunctival hemorrhage, it means the force was large. So, kindly consult a neurosurgeon and rule out a head injury cause it might appear late and we should not take any chances.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

Is my head injury critical?

Query: Hi doctor, My head got injured after some part of a concrete ceiling collapse. CT Scan done and I have attached the reports. I was hospitalized three days. An ENT opinion was taken and also, an audiometry was done. It showed a minor injury in the right ear and less audibility. Now, I have some pa...  Read Full »

Is the blood clot in sclera due to an infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I have got blood clotting since the past two days in my right eye, in the part of the sclera. I have no idea whether it is an infection or not. I am currently using Moxicip eye drop to see whether I get any relief. I have used other home remedies like washing my eyes with cold water. ...  Read Full »

After a fall, nose started bleeding. Is it dangerous?

Query: Hi doctor, Two days ago my father fell on the road facing down. He is 71 years old. He got injured on knee, wrist and his nose started bleeding due to injury. I took him to a local doctor who prescribed a few medicines and gave him tetanus injection. I am attaching the prescription along with this f...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»