Q. Whenever I blow my nose, I have nosebleeds. What can I do?

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Five days ago I had thick mucous in my nose and from the carving of my nose I had a wound without special nosebleeds ... I put Vaseline and it stopped the next day but the mucus continues. they are yellowish sticky and odorous and every time I try to blow my nose I bleed again. I put only rinopanteina when I see bleeding. what can I do?

#

welcome to iCliniq

Can you tell me if this discharge is unilateral or bilateral. how profuse is it? do you have any nasal blockade or obstruction of any type? Do you have cold? how is your smell? Do you get sneezing? Is your nose tender?

It is preferred by both roulettes. I sometimes sneeze and stuffy nose. I smell normal.
#

It could be acute rhinosinusitis. This leads to nasal discharge and since it also causes inflammation of mucosa can lead to nasal bleeds as well. You need an antibiotic (Amoxyclav 625 twice a day after meals), an antihistaminic( Allegra 180 once a day at bedtime). Also try nasal try nasal douching with nasal saline washes( nasowash twice a day). If there is a wound you can apply Muporicin ointment twice a day. And if bleeding happens again use topical decongestant drops like Xylometazoline 0.02% . Please make sure not to pick your nose again and again. Avoid blowing of your nose, it can be the cause of recurrent bleed.

| 

What to Do If You or Your Child Suddenly Start Bleeding from the Nose?

Article Overview: Epistaxis is a common medical condition, bringing the patient to the ER. If the bleeding is profuse, it can be life-threatening. One needs to be aware of the causes and the immediate first-aid to be given in such cases. Read Article

Dr. Vaishali Mehta

Epistaxis means bleeding from the nose. Nasal bleeding can occur due to various reasons. In a child with a habit of nose picking, it is not uncommon for the nose to bleed. An adolescent male bleeding profusely should be investigated to rule out a tumor called angiofibroma. In an elderly person, a r...  Read Article

I would like to have the best treatment for constant running nose.

Query: Hi doctor, I have problems with my nose for over 10 years. My nose runs all time every day. I got a surgery on the nasal valve and it got worse. The surgeon told me that it is normal and prescribed me Xozal. I am using it for past three months but no improvement with it. I wish to get something pr...  Read Full »

What vitamin deficiency causes nosebleeds?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 68 years old, and two of her recent consecutive blood reports show very high vitamin B12 levels, over 1500. Her nose has bled for 3 to 4 times in the last six months. Last week, the bleeding was not stopping so she had to be admitted. She has undergone a valve replacement ...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»