iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDentistrybleeding gumsHow can I manage my gum bleeding and bad breath?

What are the ways to prevent gum bleeding and bad breath?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At May 13, 2024
Reviewed AtMay 13, 2024

Patient's Query

I suffer from bleeding gums and bad mouth odor. I brush my teeth twice every day, but I do not floss. Can you please suggest to me why this is happening? Please suggest some good toothpaste and mouthwash for me. Can you also please tell me which is better, normal floss or water floss? And how often should I do it? Should I also do certain tests for my bleeding gums? I do not have hypertension, diabetes, or any other health condition. Please help.

Be assured all your healthcare records are in safe hands.

I am here to guide you through your query.

It is primarily due to calculus (calcified bacterial cell wall and minerals) around the teeth. I suggest you get oral prophylaxis (teeth cleaning) done first and brush using ultra-soft bristles with proper brushing technique; , after that, if needed, you can be asked to get your blood tests and liver function tests done if the bleeding does not stop. Flossing is only required if food gets stuck between teeth; otherwise, there is no need for it regularly. Both the flossers are good, but water flossers are a better option if oral braces are placed if someone is disabled and has difficulty moving their fingers or if floss sticks in their teeth. Normal floss is a less expensive way to get interdental cleansing.

Your health is our utmost priority.

Thank you for choosing me and icliniq to care for you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar
Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentistry

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Dentistry

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy