Q. Why is there continuous bleeding while brushing after removal of braces?

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

I just got my braces removed today and have been getting some heavy bleeding when brushing my teeth, should I continue to brush my teeth while it bleeds or just stop?

#

I can understand your concern regarding the dental health. Bleeding gums after removal of braces is a very common problem among all. So first of all, consult your dentist for scaling to remove local inflammatory factors. Till the time do gargles with mouthwash after every meal to maintain oral hygiene and avoid brushing to not allow bleeding.

|