Bleeding Gums

The most common sign of gum disease is bleeding gums. Apart from this, gums can bleed in severe conditions like periodontitis, leukemia, vitamin deficiency, and blood clotting disorders.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Can a gum disease (periodontitis) be completely treated if diagnosed early?

Query: Hello doctor,Can a gum disease (periodontitis) be reversed at an early stage? I have been to a dentist today, and they told me this is untreatable and can only be slowed down. Is this true? Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Achanta Krishna Swaroop

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Periodontal disease is manageable. It is true that though it is difficult to gain attachment level to the tooth back in case of tooth mobility, professional plaque control, oral hygiene measures, and, most importantly, follow-up every six months help to maintain dental...  Read Full »

My boyfriend has continuous bleeding of gums from a tooth broken one month ago. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My boyfriend has a broken tooth. A part of the tooth had come out about a month ago and the gums are bleeding continuously for the past four days. He is an alcoholic. What has to be done?  Read Full »

Dr. Achanta Krishna Swaroop

Answer: Hi, Welcomt to I can totally understand your concern. Bleeding of gums can aggrevate due to many reasons, such as, vitamin C deficiency, inflammation of gums, alcohol, severely decayed teeth requiring extraction or root canal treatment or any other medications. It is necessary to asce...  Read Full »

The gums near my front two teeth are inflamed and red with a little recession. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, About two days ago, the gums near my front teeth became inflamed. I rinsed the area with hydrogen peroxide and flossed daily. There is a slight improvement with the swelling; the gums have noticeably receded already, which is distressing. I am currently using Invisalign and had a clean...  Read Full »

Dr. Achanta Krishna Swaroop

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Firstly use lukewarm salt water and rinse, around 5 to 6 times a day. Do this even after your dental visit for one week. Secondly, if the gum irritation, pain, or recession is chronic, which is if it has existed for such a long time, or you have had a previous histor...  Read Full »

I am a 32-year-old male with chronic periodontitis. Does this affect my lifespan?

Query: Hi,I am a 32-year-old male, and I recently had a scaling and root planning done for mild to moderate periodontitis. It also included a laser treatment as I had bleeding gums. My gum pockets were mostly of 3 mm, and three to four teeth had pockets of 5 mm to 6 mm. I am experiencing bleeding even thou...  Read Full »

Dr. Achanta Krishna Swaroop

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. Do not worry, and periodontitis will not affect your lifespan though it will have the potential to cause systemic diseases. It means it is a risk factor for developing generalized health conditions. The mouth is a mirror ...  Read Full »

I have sore and bleeding gums on the upper right side. How can I manage it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have sore bleeding gums on the upper right side of my mouth. It started mild about a month ago, but it has gotten worse over the past few days. Is this gingivitis? I have a problem with food getting stuck in between my teeth in the same area for a while. What can I do? Please help. Th...  Read Full »

Dr. Achanta Krishna Swaroop

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). You have severe gingivitis and probably periodontitis at this stage. Gingivitis is the inflammation of the gums basically either due to food lodgement or calculus deposits present within th...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.