Q. How to cure the redness and whiteness in the area of boils?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I got burnt before two weeks and had a boil on that spot. The boil got burst, and I got hurt many times in the same area. Now, I feel that my injury is not getting better, and there is whiteness and redness at the point of injury and pain. I am attaching a photograph for your reference. Please advise and help.

#

I have seen the photographs you have attached (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). I want to tell you that the blister that ruptured has caused a raw healing area. It needs proper dressing, and I would suggest a proper dressing with Betadine (Povidone-iodine) and Soframycin (Framycetin) ointment every day for one week.

If the size were small, it would have healed on its own in some time. But the size is big. Hence, it requires proper attention. So, either you do the dressing at home or visit a nearby hospital to get it done.

You will need an antibiotic cover to prevent it from getting infected. If it gets infected, it will spread further and will not heal quickly. I would suggest tablet Gramocef CV 325 mg (Cefixime and Clavulanic acid) twice daily for seven days.

After a week of daily dressing, once it begins to heal, then I would suggest applying ointment Mupirocin and ointment Fucibet (Betamethasone and Fusidic acid) twice daily for two weeks on this wound. Make sure you keep a gap of two to three hours between both the ointments.

Lastly, if it is painful, I would suggest tablet Ultracet (Paracetamol, Acetaminophen, and Tramadol) as and when required or tablet Katadol (Flupirtine) 100 mg and it will relieve your pain.

So I want to assure you that this will heal, but it will take some time. You have to be patient and consistent with treatment. Kindly complete the treatment as I mentioned for three weeks, and you will be fine.

Few medicines can prevent the healing of this wound. Could you let me know if you have diabetes or thyroid illness or take any medications for any other disease?

Also, do you have any skin lesions apart from this? You can get back to me with the answers to the questions mentioned above, and we can try to find a solution. I hope this helps you. Regards.

|