Bloated Stomach

Can PPI cause stomach pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have multiple problems with my stomach, it all began two years ago after taking pills which I was allergic to. My stomach became inflamed with a lot of acids, chronic antrum gastritis, and acid reflux. My stool was too soft, and I did not take any pill because my doctor did not give...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All the problems can be explained by dyspepsia. Although there are certain issues like normal endoscopy and absence of inflammation. And on endoscopy reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is no obvious granulation tissue seen. There may be some n...  Read Full »

Is Gelusil safe in pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 7 weeks pregnant now. Currently, doctor has suggested some tablets and her reports are attached for your reference. From yesterday, she feels gas and wants to take Gelusil. Is it safe to take Gelusil with these medicines? She also complains of vomiting sensation especially i...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and your query. The symptoms your wife suffering with is common during the first trimester of pregnancy. All these symptoms are due to gastritis, which due to the sudden surge of pregnancy...  Read Full »

What is Normaxin used for?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with erosive gastritis two years back and my latest endoscopy shows that it has been completely treated. But over the course of taking PPI, I noticed undigested stool and a feel of bloating even after taking medication. My doctor prescribed Sibofix, Darolac and Normaxin f...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your problem. You can try tablet Esomac L (Esomeprazole) one tablet once daily before food for a month. Also, take tablet Normaxin (combination of Chlordiazepoxide and Clidinium) one tablet twice daily after food for a month. Please discon...  Read Full »

How to find out if an ECP used 72 hours after unprotected intercourse was effective?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected intercourse with my fiance during the first week of last month. Same week, within few days she complained about vomiting sensation but had no vomiting. Immediately the next day she had a little discharge from vagina and a little menstrual cramp. Her last menstrual perio...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are not pregnancy symptoms, but rather they are symptoms of ovulation with mild abdominal ache, nausea, headache, bloating and thin mucus discharge from vagina. As her last menstrual period (LMP) was in the last week, two months back. So, it is day16 today. ...  Read Full »

Why do I have pellet-like stools and bloating from few months?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 17 year old female. My weight is 140 kg and height 5'4". I need your guidance and advice on something that has been going on for a very long time. In the past, I have been a vegetarian, paleo, vegan, etc. And I am currently a vegan because I feel it is the right thing to do. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). It is a benign disorder, requiring only supportive management to regularize bowel habits. This disorder occurs in many people these days (10 to 30 % population are affected by this). This condition is aggravated by low fiber intake...  Read Full »

What can cause RUQ pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from NAFLD for the last six months. Now, I am having RUQ heaviness, back pain and flatulence for the last three months. I had several tests and I have given the details below with the findings. USG of whole abdomen - hepatomegaly with fatty liver, fibroscan - 3.2 kPa me...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for the detailed history. Your abdominal pain appears to be either coming from your stomach (gastritis and esophagitis) or from the hiatus hernia or gall bladder stones or dysfunction. Do you have any relation of your symptoms with food, like certain foods (f...  Read Full »

Can bloating be due to pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a bloating for the past three days, I never had one. I had my period around this month beginning. Is there any possibility that I am pregnant? Is it any sign of pregnancy? I am having Sibelium 10 mg for migraine.  Read Full »

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bloating sensation can be related to any sort of diet changes. Check if you incorporated anything new in your food habits. Any increased coffee or tea intake, sometimes physical or emotional stress can lead to acidity and bloating. Rule out all such things. Morning sick...  Read Full »

Why do I feel bloated after I eat?

Query: Hello doctor, I have gas problem and bloating after I eat any normal size meal. I have struggled with constipation for years, but paid very close attention to that issue. Currently, it is not the problem. I have had colonoscopy and stool tests and they were fine. I did have colitis back due to use o...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These kind of problems are very common due to our dietary habits and sedentary lifestyle. Sometimes it is due to deficiency of enzymes also, this is uncommon and the main factor is lifestyle. The syndrome of bloating and constipation is known as Irritable Bowel Syndro...  Read Full »

What is the reason for my stomach pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. I am working as a software developer. Sometimes, I feel a sharp pain in my right lower part of the stomach. When I am trying to bend down, I am feeling some pain inside the pelvic bone. After eating meals and dinner, I am getting excess burping and feeling of blo...  Read Full »

Dr. Viral Dineshchandra Vyas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your history. As per your description, it seems to be a functional bowel disorder, it may be associated with what called as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Bowel illnesses are difficult to prove medically, and mostly they are a matter of exclusion. Infection like...  Read Full »

Why do I get the feeling of emptying my bowel whenever I go out?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. My weight is 63 kg. I have masturbation habit for 6 years. My stomach gets bloated and there is gas formation. I also have tiredness and diarrhea. I have to apply pressure for passing urine and stools. I get the feeling of emptying my bowel whenever I got to go out ...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a common problem, most of the individuals have bad bowel habits in some forms. This kind of problem is called IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). This disorder leads to bloating and fre...  Read Full »