Q. How can nasal blockage with mucus be treated?

Dr. Albana Greca

I have asthma but not a lot. It comes and goes. I take Flexotide inhaler as a preventer. I also have used Detacartil antibiotic for chest congestion at the start of last month. Since the last two weeks, I have severe nasal congestion. I want to ENT specialist today and he says that I have nasal polyps. He will do the endoscopy in two days.

My question is why I have nose blockage with mucus, he should have treated the mucus and not the polyps. He has adviced the medicine Telfast D tablet half in the morning and a half in the evening. Please suggest what to do.

#

Nasal congestion is aggravated by polyps as they cause blocked nasal pathways mechanically. Endoscopy is necessary to understand at what extent the polyps are enlarged to decide for the best treatment strategy. Mucus is trapped and should be on its way to get cleared. But polyps are making it difficult. So continue medication as prescribed and run endoscopy as suggested.

|