Q. How can nasal blockage with mucus be treated?

Answered by Dr. Albana Greca and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Blocked Nose or Nasal Polyps? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have asthma but not a lot. It comes and goes. I take Flexotide inhaler as a preventer. I also have used Detacartil antibiotic for chest congestion at the start of last month. Since the last two weeks, I have severe nasal congestion. I want to ENT specialist today and he says that I have nasal polyps. He will do the endoscopy in two days.

My question is why I have nose blockage with mucus, he should have treated the mucus and not the polyps. He has adviced the medicine Telfast D tablet half in the morning and a half in the evening. Please suggest what to do.