Blood Blister

Please suggest a way to cure the blood blister present on my forehead.

Query: Hello I have this blood blister since one month which I am very concern about it. Its soft but hard to break it and I broke it once which lots blood came out. And I also have open pores, pigmentation, pimple spots. And dry skin but its pimple prone, and also I have lots of pimple spots on my back a...  Read Full »

Dr. Shama Naaz

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, welcome to icliniq, Blood blisters occurs when tissue and blood vessels are damaged due to friction/trauma and is more painful than regular blisters. It usually resolves on its own within 1-2 weeks. You have not mentioned any history of trauma or friction before onset, also it is present for 1...  Read Full »

Will blood blister go on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, I have blood blisters for over a month. I keep bleeding and would not heal. It stayed the same size. Sometimes it is warm to touch.  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history and seeing the attachment photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like an infected angioma, which is a cyst formed by superficial or deep blood vessels. There is no need to panic as this is a common condition and is treata...  Read Full »

Why does my kid have a bump on her finger that looks like a blood blister?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter has a bump on her finger that looks like a blood blister but if it was, I would have heard her cry when it happened. I am hoping you can rule out spider bite or even better, tell me what is going on.  Read Full »

Dr. Shilpa Reddy Diggireddy

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the picture you sent me (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like an insect bite that has got infected. I cannot be sure as to which bug. Mosquito, spider, bedbug, it could be anything. If it is not painful or any pus formation or fever,...  Read Full »