Blood Clot In Brain

What are the chances of recurrence of blood clot in brain even after surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, My father underwent surgery for a blood clot in his brain before 10 months. Doctor said that the surgery was done twice as the clot was not removed properly for the first time. My father is totally fine now, but I want to know if there is any possibility for the clot to occur again. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed the scan reports of your father. The clot that he had is called chronic subdural hematoma which usually occurs in aged person due to brain shrinkage. Due to shrinkage in the brain a space is created between brain and skull. If the bridging vessels in the s...  Read Full »

The MRI of the brain shows a blood clot. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My aunt, who is 54 years old, is diabetic since the past 10 years, and she is under regular Insulin. 10 days back, she suddenly lost speech, and since then, she is not able to speak even a single word. I am attaching her CT scan and MRI scan reports along with the prescription. What i...  Read Full »

Dr. Arun Tungaria

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The problem is insufficient blood supply to the brain. It is a severe problem. The prescribed medicines are alright. Please consult a neurosurgeon so that he can examine her. She will recover fro...  Read Full »

Is my dad's heart weakening after having a stuttering stroke?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about my father. He is a healthy 75 years old, eats healthy, drinks at least two liters water a day. He has since five years atrial fibrillation and gets for that Xarelto 15 mg and Amlodipine accord 5 mg, takes them in the morning and that was always good. Unfortunat...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In atrial fibrillation, the heart beats can vary in frequency and height (amplitude). What is more important in these patients is that the rate needs to be controlled and not above 100 beats per minute. Also, one must make sure that no clot forms in the heart due to ...  Read Full »

How to treat headache post brain clot?

Query: Hello doctor,My father has brain clot problem and he was admitted to a hospital for eight days and now discharged. Physically his body is working properly but sometimes he is having a painful headache and most of the time he is taking a long sleep and his memory is affected due to the clotting. Yest...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your father's tests (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would explain that he has suffered a venous infarct of the brain, associated with hemorrhagic transformation. A headache is quite common and it will need a long time to recover (weeks...  Read Full »

How to prevent clots and blockages after an ischemic stroke?

Query: Hello doctor, My 71 year old mother got a couple of ischemic strokes nearly two months ago. She was then given a strong blood thinning injection which led to a couple of blood vomits and a hemorrhage as well. During the hospitalization as well as afterward, she has been taking Pradaxa 110, etc. (pr...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the files attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The clots which are found at so many places in the body are basically originating from the heart and being thrown into the body as she is post-MVR (mitral valve regurgitation) for...  Read Full »

Please go through my dad's CT and tell me how long we can wait for surgery.

Query: Hello doctor, I am looking for a second opinion on my father's CT scan (brain). He has been suffering from mild to severe headaches for about two weeks and is now diagnosed with a clot in his head that is causing a midline shift. I am uploading two sets of CT scan images, the first one on 26th wher...  Read Full »

Dr. Shivam Om Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your father. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If the only symptom he has is this clot in the brain, and no other neurological symptoms such as weakness on the left side of the body or speech cha...  Read Full »